Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1058
View in linear mode

Subject: "LR 5 and NIK software" Previous topic | Next topic
srbrsn11 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2009Thu 13-Jun-13 08:40 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LR 5 and NIK software"

Birmingham, US

Is anyone having trouble accessing NIK products with the new LR5? I can only get Color Efex Pro4. I have the 'Complete Collection' on LR4.4 and no problems. Tried to get technical help from NIK but since Google bought it it seems to be non-existent.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: LR 5 and NIK software
mvsoske Gold Member
13th Jun 2013
Jose Andres Silver Member
23rd Jun 2013
srbrsn11 Gold Member
23rd Jun 2013
largebore Silver Member
26th Jun 2013

mvsoske Gold Member Nikonian since 15th Nov 2005Thu 13-Jun-13 08:56 PM
58 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LR 5 and NIK software"
In response to Reply # 0

Whitehouse, Ohio, US

I experienced a similar problem earlier this week after I ran a Windows Update (WIN 7). I couldn't access any NIK product through LR5 or CS6. A few hours later, Microsoft issued another Windows Update and lo and behold, I could access them again. Can't explain but the initial update impacted NetFramework 3.5 and 4 and this may be related, but then again.....

If you are not on Windows, then ignore this message

Mark

Visit www.markvsoskephotography.com.

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Sun 23-Jun-13 02:35 AM
822 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LR 5 and NIK software"
In response to Reply # 0

Buenos Aires, AR

Yes I had a similar problem. Mine was that I had no problem running nik plugins when updating from Lr4 to Lr5 but in Cs6 I could not get both hdr and silver effex pro 2.
what I did was to write an e-mail to customer support so that to ask how to download the "dmg" file again (I use Mac) and they responded me that since Google is now the owner of Nik products, they -so far- have disabilited the "login" windows on their site, but they did send me a separate e-mail with a valid "dmg" file so I was able to install it in my Mac and download the full bundle both to Lr5 and Photoshop Cs6 without any problem.
They did so after checking on their records that I am a registered customer with valid serial numbers.
So, write an e-mail and ask for help.

Jose, nikonian
from Santiago del Estero, Argentina
http://joseandresbasbus.zenfolio.com

srbrsn11 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2009Sun 23-Jun-13 12:04 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: LR 5 and NIK software"
In response to Reply # 2

Birmingham, US

Thanks Jose! I will give that a shot.
Steve

largebore Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011Wed 26-Jun-13 10:55 AM
609 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: LR 5 and NIK software"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 26-Jun-13 10:56 AM by largebore

Clarks Summit, US

LR3 to LR5. Mac Mountain Lion.
No problems at all in the migration. All works perfect.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1058 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.