Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1043
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tethering Software" Previous topic | Next topic
Randy1949 Registered since 14th Jan 2009Sun 02-Jun-13 02:01 PM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Tethering Software"

Hazel Green, US

I have been looking to getting into tethering for some of my photography but have become very confused with what is available and best. One of the first features I would like, or think I do, is a software that records both to my in camera memory card and my computer. Second, I need something that is very reliable and doesn't have a tendency to fail in front of a client. I would very interested in knowing what you suggest as a full feature software package.

Thanks,
Randy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

delraypiper Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2013Sun 02-Jun-13 02:07 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Tethering Software"
In response to Reply # 0

Delray Beach, US

Hi:

I use Nikon's camera Control Pro 2. It allows saving both in the camera and to a file of your choice on your computer. If your camera has live view capability, you can see that on your computer. No need to peer through the view finder. Most of the camera controls can be adjusted with the key board.

And it isn't all that expensive. You can get a free trial from the Nikon store.

Give it a try.

John D

barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing. Nikonian since 07th Nov 2006Mon 03-Jun-13 08:27 PM
1254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Tethering Software"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 03-Jun-13 08:31 PM by barrywesthead

Kleinburg, CA

Ditto for Camera Control Pro 2, although it's not wireless and it takes about 30 seconds from shutter release for the image to show up in the auto-import folder of Lightroom. I'm using two 15-foot USB extenders with no problem.

Many are using the Eye-Fi wireless SD card but last I checked they do not have a CF version for your D3x and do not wotk wirh SD-to-CF adapters.

Barry
http://art2printimages.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1043 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.