nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
russg

Phoenix, US
1384 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007
Mon 22-Apr-13 12:52 PM

I have a line on the purchase of an unopened in the box Color Efex Pro 3.0 Complete Edition. I use Capture NX2 as my primary raw converter and editor, but I also have Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4 installed. I've never used CEP, but I know a lot of Nikonians swear by it and appreciate the integration with CNX2. Given the static nature of CNX2 (will we ever see a CNX3?)and the dropping of support for CNX2 by CEP 4.0, I have a couple of questions for current CEP users.

1. If you were in my situation, would you recommend taking advantage of this opportunity, speaking from the perspective of the added flexibility and creative control that CEP brings to the table, and assuming that all is legit with the product and registration keys are intact, etc.?

2. Does CEP allow 2 installs (desktop/laptop)?

3. Will CEP 3.0 Complete Edition recognize CNX2, LR4 and PS CS6 as compatible host programs and offer to install itself into all three?

4. The only thing I know about the package is that it is Complete Edition of version 3.xx. It's reasonable to assume that it is not going to be the most current version out of the box. Is Nik still supporting downloadable updates to the 3.0 product (not to version 4.x, but to the latest revision to 3.x)?

5. Any other issues good or bad or other general wisdom you'd care to impart? I'm less concerned about the loss of the purchase price should things not go well than I am messing up a perfectly stable nicely performing installation of CNX2, LR4 and PS CS6 in a Win 7 64 bit environment. I don't feel the absolute need to do this, but I am intrigued by the possibilities, and the opportunity to purchase this software may not cross my path again.

Thanks for your help,

Russ

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Color Efex Pro 3.0 Question rbaskin Silver Member
27th Apr 2013
Reply message RE: Color Efex Pro 3.0 Question russg Silver Member
28th Apr 2013
28th Apr 2013
29th Apr 2013
29th Apr 2013
30th Apr 2013
Reply message RE: Color Efex Pro 3.0 Question Steve6344 Silver Member
28th Apr 2013

G