Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1006
View in linear mode

Subject: "Color Efex Pro 3 Plugin for Capture NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
davefergy Registered since 07th Apr 2013Sun 14-Apr-13 01:05 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Color Efex Pro 3 Plugin for Capture NX2"

Carterton, NZ

Can anyone tell me how I can get a legitimate license for Color Efex Pro 3 (CEP3)?

I have trial version of the software installed and it's integration with Capture NX2 is great. I have 28 days tun on the trial.

I'd rather not buy CEP4 as it's not integrated with Capture NX. That said, I'd pay for the Nik complete license (which includes CEP4)if I could get a product key for CEP3. Would the license key for CEP4 work with CEP3?

Any help or pointers appreciated.

DAVE FERGY

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Mon 15-Apr-13 02:36 AM
397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Color Efex Pro 3 Plugin for Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 15-Apr-13 02:38 AM by Snapshott

Richmond, US

Back in January I was in the same place you are except I had the complete package for Lightroom. I asked if they could sell me a license for CEP3 for NX2 and I was told they didn't even have the option in their system to sell it. The Rep told me if I could find a person willing to sell me their copy and fill out the required NIK form that that would work.

I then asked if I could just switch my CEP3 Lightroom license for the CEP3 for NX2 and was told no. The Rep kept working with the system and found out that since Lightroom license that they could extend that to the NX2 license. They sent me a key for the NX2 license within 24 hours.

I don't know if this option is still available with the new bundle option but it may be worth contacting NIK to find out, be persistent and courteous.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

davefergy Registered since 07th Apr 2013Mon 15-Apr-13 07:32 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Color Efex Pro 3 Plugin for Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Carterton, NZ

I'll let you know... lodged a service email request with them yesterday

davefergy Registered since 07th Apr 2013Fri 03-May-13 08:15 PM
#3. "Resolved"
In response to Reply # 2

Carterton, NZ

I managed to negotiate a deal with Nik to buy the current Complete Collection and they gave me a license for Color Efex 3 as well. All I had to do was email them receipt for the Complete Collection purchase. I had to be polite but insistent in escalating my request as the front line service person wasn't authorized to make this offer. All resolved in about three days.

This is really a great outcome. Most images can be processed within Capture NX2/Color Efex 3 and, if I need mor,e I can use any of the modules in the complete collection.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Plug-ins: Nik, Imagenomic & Others (Public) topic #1006 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.