nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #26
View in linear mode

Subject: "50% and 40% discount on Capture One - time limited" Previous topic | Next topic
Hendric Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Fri 01-Oct-10 11:03 AM
1053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"50% and 40% discount on Capture One - time limited"
Sun 24-Oct-10 11:03 AM by jrp

Schwarzwald, DE

Today I have finalized a new campaign with Phase One. Between October 8th and October 17th Nikonians members will get a 50% discount on Capture One 5 and a 40% discount on Capture One 5PRO.

The discount code is: Nikonians10

Nikonians Rewards page.
----
Capture One 5, RAW converter and image editing software, is the perfect match for passionate Nikon photographers. Capture One’s tailor-made Nikon camera profiles are renowned for providing ultimate image quality for top DSLR cameras from Nikon:

• Out-of-the-box superior image quality with excellent color and detail from Nikon camera RAW files
  • Includes all the image editing tools you need to turn good photos into GREAT photos
  • Extremely high performance. Adjust large numbers of images very efficiently and with great effect
  • Extensive Nikon camera RAW file support and market leading tethered capture support

The new release, Capture One 5.2 improves colors and tone response as well as consistency for the following Nikon camera models: D3s, D3x, D3, D2x, D700, D300, D300s, and D90.
---

add me to your circles

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited
Michael L
12th Oct 2010
Hendric Silver Member
18th Oct 2010
     Reply message RE: Phase One Discount- and an unruly computer
Wileycoyote1
19th Oct 2010
Michael L
19th Oct 2010
hfrank Silver Member
23rd Oct 2010
Michael L
23rd Oct 2010
Luke_Miller Silver Member
24th Oct 2010
hfrank Silver Member
24th Oct 2010
Hendric Silver Member
25th Oct 2010
Hendric Silver Member
25th Oct 2010
hfrank Silver Member
25th Oct 2010
Hendric Silver Member
25th Oct 2010
hfrank Silver Member
25th Oct 2010
Hendric Silver Member
25th Oct 2010
                         Reply message Capture One pro 6.0
Michael L
03rd Dec 2010
                              Reply message RE: Capture One pro 6.0
Hendric Silver Member
03rd Dec 2010
niksi Silver Member
07th Dec 2010
david_mathre Platinum Member
12th Dec 2010
niksi Silver Member
13th Dec 2010
chuckcars
14th Dec 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Capture One pro 6.0-great but at what price?
Wileycoyote1
15th Dec 2010
niksi Silver Member
19th Dec 2010
hfrank Silver Member
19th Dec 2010
                                                  Reply message RE: Capture One pro 6.0-Corrected-Fair Deal
Wileycoyote1
09th Jan 2011

Michael L Registered since 26th Jul 2008Tue 12-Oct-10 09:33 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Hendric
I am in the process of getting activation code for Capture One Pro..From the US it seems to be a problem...First we have to ok our bank to make overseas purchase with debit/credit card..Next it still doesn`t process.. Third , we buy through US retailer and can`t get codes...

Hendric Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Mon 18-Oct-10 09:20 AM
1053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 1

Schwarzwald, DE

Hello Michael,

thank you for your post. I´m sorry for not responding earlier. I was out on my anual leave. Did you manage to purchase the software?

If not please let me know if you are still interested. I will check if I can make it happen even if the campaign has been expired.

Kind regards.

Hendric

add me to your circles

Wileycoyote1 Registered since 21st Aug 2010Tue 19-Oct-10 01:25 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Phase One Discount- and an unruly computer"
In response to Reply # 3

Alexandria, US

Had my computer power supply die over the weekend. Back up this AM. New to Phase one and had planned to make a buy. Any chance I can get the discount?
Thanks

Michael L Registered since 26th Jul 2008Tue 19-Oct-10 02:10 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Thanks for the concern Hendric... Yes everything worked out well. I even recieved and update today... I really like Capture One,,, Thanks..

hfrank Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2004Sat 23-Oct-10 04:27 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, MI, United States, US

Harry Frank

I took advantage of the Capture One 5 offer. The program is flawed. My screen freezes up and I get an ImgCoreSocket error message. I cannot get tech support, because Phase One's support system requires the user to enter a product registration number, and since the program timed out before reaching the server (due to the error) registration was never completed.

From discussion forums on the Internet, this has been a perennial problem for Capture One.

Furthermore, Phase One has no mechanism for contact: No email address, no postal address, no phone number.

At this point all I want is a refund. Does anyone out there know how to reach the company?

Michael L Registered since 26th Jul 2008Sat 23-Oct-10 10:45 PM
#7. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 6

US

When I had a problem My USA contact was Doug at Pro Gear, Chicago 312 376 3770....It works fine on my old pc now ..

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006Sun 24-Oct-10 02:24 PM
1533 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 6

Rural Virginia, US

Harry

Sorry to hear about your Capture One issue. I've had good luck with it over several versions and PCs. I googled the error message you are getting and it may be from a firewall setting on your system that is blocking Capture One from reaching the activation server. You might try temporarily disabling the firewall and see if that helps.

hfrank Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2004Sun 24-Oct-10 02:49 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 8

Harry Frank

I read the same thing.

Irrelevant.

Do not use firewall.

Hendric Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Mon 25-Oct-10 08:32 AM
#10. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 9

Schwarzwald, DE

Hi,

I have forwarded your issue to Phase One. As soon as I have feedback I will let you know.

add me to your circles

Hendric Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Mon 25-Oct-10 09:02 AM
#11. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 6
Mon 25-Oct-10 09:02 AM by Hendric

Schwarzwald, DE

Hi Frank,

please send me your emailaddress. hsd(at)nikonians.org.

PhaseOne will contact you than.

rgs
Hendric

add me to your circles

hfrank Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2004Mon 25-Oct-10 01:49 PM
#12. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 11

Harry Frank

hfrank@umich.edu is the email address, and for future reference FRANK is the last name.

Hendric Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Mon 25-Oct-10 02:04 PM
#13. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 12

Schwarzwald, DE

Hi Harry,

thank you for that. Phase One will contact you. Please keep me up to date.

Sorry for mixing up the names. For some unknown reasons I did not realize this correctly. My apologize for this.

Rgs

Hendric

add me to your circles

hfrank Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2004Mon 25-Oct-10 04:15 PM
#14. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 13

Harry Frank

I appreciate your effort, but thus far Phase One has just sent me to a link to their support site.

Do they really think I'm so brain-dead that I didn't try that?

ONE CANNOT CONTACT PHASE ONE TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITHOUT ENTERING A PRODUCT REGISTRATION NUMBER AND YOU CAN'T GET A REGISTRATION NUMBER UNLESS YOU MAKE INITIAL CONTACT WITH THEIR SERVER--WHICH THIS ERROR PREVENTS.

It's a frakkin' Catch-22, and I just want someone to either provide a fix or give my money back.

Hendric Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Mon 25-Oct-10 05:07 PM
#15. "RE: 50% and 40% discount on Capature One - time limited"
In response to Reply # 14

Schwarzwald, DE

What a mess. Let me ask them again. Sorry.

add me to your circles

Michael L Registered since 26th Jul 2008Fri 03-Dec-10 04:46 PM
#16. "Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 15

US

Hi Hendric
Now that 6.0 is out when can u get us a discount for upgrade??

Hendric Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Fri 03-Dec-10 05:05 PM
#17. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 16

Schwarzwald, DE

Hi Michael,

I´m not sure but the upgrade should work simply by downloading and installing. Will check.
Have a great weekend.

add me to your circles

niksi Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jul 2006Tue 07-Dec-10 11:16 PM
203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 17

Kranj, SI

Unfortunately not!

Version 6.0 is an upgrade not update and there is an upgrade fee from V5.X which is clearly noted on PhaseONE page.

It is quite unusual that PhaseONE has released a new upgrade so early after introducing C1 V5.0. Obviously they just want to gather more money for some updated features that IMHO do not justify that. For the time being I am perfectly satisfied with C1PRO V5.2 and will wait for some more time.

Best regards,

Niko
-----------------------
Never underestimate!

david_mathre Platinum Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2006Sun 12-Dec-10 04:00 PM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 18

Skillman, US

The new version 6.0 is a 64-bit application, so the upgrade was well worth it to me. I am now able to work with much larger images.

DJM

"Images of the Day" PhotoBlog
My Nikonians Gallery
ShepArtPhotography Gallery

niksi Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jul 2006Mon 13-Dec-10 12:36 PM
203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 19

Kranj, SI

Thank you, David!

I have overlooked that fact. You can only find that C1 V6 is a 64-bit application in download menu, not in the user manual.

SInce I am planning to get a new computer it looks like it would be reasonable to upgrade to 64-bit C1.

Best regards,

Niko
-----------------------
Never underestimate!

chuckcars Registered since 22nd Mar 2010Tue 14-Dec-10 04:14 PM
383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 20

Montrose, US

At $399 to upgrade from version 5.2 Capture One has priced themselves out of my business. It is a good application, however, Nikon NX2 is just as good or better. CapOne is the best of all when it comes to batch processing. IMHO Capture One 6 is good only for full time working pros.

Best,

Chuck

http://carstensenphoto.com

A Nikon owner since 1955

Wileycoyote1 Registered since 21st Aug 2010Wed 15-Dec-10 01:32 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0-great but at what price?"
In response to Reply # 21
Wed 15-Dec-10 01:35 AM by Wileycoyote1

Alexandria, US

Only a few weeks before 6.0 was released, I purchased 5.x from a local high end camera retailer. I had surgery in the middle of this time frame and when I returned home, Capture One's updater said I had an update. Given I had not registered the software at that time, I assumed all was well-not so. The key was good only for 5.x product. Although the retailer said he had no idea of the impending release of 6..... I am supposedly getting a 6 serial key. No show to date.

Great software, but at what price.

This experience has dampened my enthusiasm for both Capture One and Phase One. It's an EU based firm but in a global market-all must provide at least minimal support to clients. Phone support? Dont think so. Online support is weak. You pay a premium for good software. Quality help should come with it.

niksi Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jul 2006Sun 19-Dec-10 04:45 PM
#23. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 21

Kranj, SI

Chuck,

Actually it is not so bad. In fact the upgrade from any version of C1 to C1 6.0 Express costs 49€ and upgrade from any version of C1PRO to C1PRO 6.0 costs 69€. Please check here:

http://www.phaseone.com/Phase%20One/Online-Store/Capture%20One/C1Upgrade.aspx

Anyway I still think that it is just unprofessional from PhaseONE to release a new version of the SW within just a few months after releasing C1 5.X and charge for it.

The fact that they introduced the 64-bit version is not an excuse, today all leading companies offer 64-bit versions of their SW without additional charge.

Best regards,

Niko
-----------------------
Never underestimate!

hfrank Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2004Sun 19-Dec-10 06:18 PM
#24. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0"
In response to Reply # 23

Harry Frank

I had a lot of trouble even getting CaptureONE 5.x to open; the screen just froze at registration, and all the king's horses and all the king's men . . . etc. After some intervention from the forum administrator I finally got a refund.

I guess I'm a bit puzzled about why Nikonians is promoting the PhaseONE product instead of Nikon's proprietary CaptureNX? Is there a published comparison of .NEF interpreters--PhaseOne vs. Nikon vs. Photoshop? Is any of them markedly better than the others? Is it a matter of price? Useability? . . . ???

Wileycoyote1 Registered since 21st Aug 2010Sun 09-Jan-11 05:34 AM
#25. "RE: Capture One pro 6.0-Corrected-Fair Deal"
In response to Reply # 24

Alexandria, US

After paying serious change for C1 V 5, only to find V 6 roll out, I thought I had landed on the wrong end of an expensive plug-in. Wrong. My software glitched. 5 never registered properly. Once I received a link for 6, smooth sailing.

Is it expensive-yes but has a good percentage of Photoshop functionality. C1-Pro is a good deal and more

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #26 Previous topic | Next topic