Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #152
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture One Pro 7 - licensing" Previous topic | Next topic
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 30-Jan-13 04:11 PM
28309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture One Pro 7 - licensing"

Paignton, GB

Now that, with version 7, Capture One Pro has a genuine built-in catalogue feature, I'm starting to look at it as a potential addition to my processing suite.

One thing I can't find an answer to on the Phase One website is about licensing. If I buy a normal single-user copy of C1 Pro 7, does the license allow me to install it on both my main desktop machine, AND my laptop machine? Both are Windows 7, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 30-Jan-13 04:38 PM
28309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture One Pro 7 - licensing"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

In the end, I found and downloaded the Capture One license agreement from the website. It confirms that the software can be installed on up to 2 computers, though only one can be in use at a time. Pretty normal, so it looks like I would be OK

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Wed 30-Jan-13 06:49 PM
14170 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture One Pro 7 - licensing"
In response to Reply # 1

Colorado Springs, US

It's also cross-platform, so you can have it on both a Windows machine and a Mac, and you don't need to do anything special if change platforms at some point.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Thu 31-Jan-13 08:44 AM
#3. "RE: Capture One Pro 7 - licensing"
In response to Reply # 2

Paignton, GB

Thanks, Rick

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #152 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.