nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #117
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture One Pro Color Editor Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
sfbillm Silver Member  Santa Fe, US  Nikonian since 15th Jun 2004 Wed 18-Apr-12 03:50 PM
867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture One Pro Color Editor Problem"

I'm using C1 Pro in trial mode. When I click on the down-arrow for the Color Editor, nothing opens - in fact, if I have one or more of the other adjustments open, the entire list collapses.

I gather from looking at the user guide that this is not the expected behavior. Once I select the Color tool, I should then be able to expand the Color Editor and have a choice between a Basic and an Advanced tab. But, as I said, the arrow for the Color Editor does not expand the tool at all, so there's no chance to go further.

So is the Color Editor disabled in trial mode? Or do I have a faulty install? So far as I have used the other features of C1 Pro, they have worked - although I haven't tried everything by far.

If the CE is disabled in trial mode, that would keep me from considering purchasing C1. Getting color right from my NEF images is the one of the highest priorities for me in choosing a RAW converter/editor. If I can't evaluate that, then nothing else would influence me to buy the product.

The version is 6.3.5.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/fixes.

SantaFeBill

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

adangus Silver Member  Franktown, US  Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009 Thu 19-Apr-12 05:07 AM
598 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture One Pro Color Editor Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

I was in a similar situation when I did my evaluation with their trial version. I was mainly interested in the lens correction methods, and those weren't in the trial version.

I mentioned this here in the past, and someone said that one could get the Pro version for a trial; but I'm really not sure.

Anyway, I got frustrated and paid for the full version. I assumed that if I didn't like the full features, I could push it back at Phase One. I didn't have to; I found that this s/w is far better than anything else around. About the only thing I miss is being able to work in LAB, but I can always go into Photoshop for that.

I have discovered that Capture One gives me better color rendition than using Lightroom with the X-Rite ColorChecker. I have gone to deep lengths to figure this out; e.g., measuring the my ColorChecker Passport with a spectrophotometer, comparing my results to the expected published values, and then doing RAW conversions in LR with calibrated profiles and in Capture One with just corrected white balance.

My experience has been that Capture One comes out closest without the extra work of doing color calibrations with the X-Rite system. I should mention that I've been shooting with a D700 and I can't make claims about other bodies/sensors.

And I've got no interest in Phase One in saying this, just for the record.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #117 Previous topic | Next topic