nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #108
View in linear mode

Subject: "D800 NEF RAW not supported ." Previous topic | Next topic
nikonus Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 04th Feb 2007Mon 12-Mar-12 02:27 PM
444 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D800 NEF RAW not supported ."

San Diego, US

I think only the Pro version will have support . What other plugin can help as a raw converter
to read these new NEF files ?

Hans K.

My Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery. nikonus@nikonians.org

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D800 NEF RAW not supported .
nikonus Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Mar 2012
Luke_Miller Silver Member
15th Mar 2012
nikonus Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Mar 2012
lukaswerth
20th Jun 2012
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Jun 2012
adangus Silver Member
21st Jun 2012

nikonus Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 04th Feb 2007Thu 15-Mar-12 11:30 AM
444 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D800 NEF RAW not supported ."
In response to Reply # 0

San Diego, US

Will the revision cover the express and older versions of capture one ?

Hans K.

My Gallery

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006Thu 15-Mar-12 12:20 PM
1541 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D800 NEF RAW not supported ."
In response to Reply # 1

Rural Virginia, US

I'm sure a future revision to C1 Pro and Express will add support for the D800 and D4, but no schedule has been announced. I'm guessing that older products like C1 ver 4 & 5 will not get support for the new bodies.

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

nikonus Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 04th Feb 2007Thu 15-Mar-12 12:39 PM
#3. "RE: D800 NEF RAW not supported ."
In response to Reply # 2

San Diego, US

Thanks Luke

So far I have nothing to PP D800 NEF files . CS4 , older NX , I'm hoping for plug in or just get
light room 4 as part of the work flow .

Hans K.

My Gallery

lukaswerth Registered since 24th May 2012Wed 20-Jun-12 03:28 PM
396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D800 NEF RAW not supported ."
In response to Reply # 3

Lahore, PK

This is a message from a total newbie as far as different raw converters go, so, sorry if I am missing out something.
But the reason I checked into this string was that I saw in a d800 review on dpreview.com a raw file of the d800 processed by capture one 6 which showed noticeably more detail than the same file processed by other converters.
So it should accept files from the d800, shouldn't it?

What I actually meant to ask the forum participants was what they think are the factors which help out more detail by capture one? Any ideas here?

Lukas Werth

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 05th May 2002Wed 20-Jun-12 04:11 PM
15008 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D800 NEF RAW not supported ."
In response to Reply # 4
Wed 20-Jun-12 04:11 PM by walkerr

Colorado Springs, US

Capture One certainly works (and is a very good raw converter), but it would be a mistake to assume that it gives you more detail than other raw converters. With any of them, you can override the default settings and many allow you to create a new default. For example, in Lightroom, ACR, Capture One, DxO, NX2, etc., you can have a starting point for sharpening that's higher than the normal default and have it applied to all of your images automatically. You can make any one of these just as sharp or sharper than how Capture One appeared in that review. Ditto with many other adjustments such as contrast, saturation, etc.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

adangus Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2009Thu 21-Jun-12 07:32 PM
596 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D800 NEF RAW not supported ."
In response to Reply # 5

Franktown, US

I would concur with Mr. Walker on this point. Although Capture One Pro is just about the only RAW converter I use any more, I would not have selected it purely on the basis of the sharpness of its output files relative to the other options (LR, ACR, Aperture, DxO, NX2).

I'd list the following top points:

• Color accuracy
  • Multiple tone curve options
  • Accurate lens correction
  • Integration with Media Pro for a DAM
  • Speed and flexibility in handling large batches
  • Support for selective correction and layers
  • Noise removal
  • Single shot HDR methods for tonal compression
  • Skin correction
  • Keystone correction

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #108 Previous topic | Next topic