Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #104
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture 1 Tech Support" Previous topic | Next topic
mrred128 Registered since 31st Jan 2012Mon 20-Feb-12 11:57 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture 1 Tech Support"

Montreal, CA

I downloaded a trial copy of C1 and am egar to give it a run. However it complains of a "session database" error and quits.

I tried to go through their tech support form, but it insists on having a serial number to submit.

What I would like to know is there any other way to get support before my trial runs out? Is this an indication of how they always deal with support issues?

Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with the session database (aside from install/re-install as it has been done)?

Visit my Flickr stuff.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006Mon 20-Feb-12 12:36 PM
1471 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture 1 Tech Support"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 20-Feb-12 12:36 PM by Luke_Miller

Rural Virginia, US

I had the same serial number question the first time I used Phase One's support. The support case form is used for both equipment and software support. You should be able to leave the serial number field blank or put N/A in it. Normally they respond quickly.

Possibly a quicker way would be to post the problem you are experiencing on the Phase One user forum.

http://forum.phaseone.com/En/index.php?sid=ab2780a8b526b89b86364c163667f597

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

mrred128 Registered since 31st Jan 2012Mon 20-Feb-12 12:38 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture 1 Tech Support"
In response to Reply # 1

Montreal, CA

Thanks.

Visit my Flickr stuff.

dampfbetrieben Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Jan 2009Mon 20-Feb-12 02:09 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture 1 Tech Support"
In response to Reply # 0

DE

>Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with the session
>database (aside from install/re-install as it has been done)?

For me it worked to keep trying. After the third attempt trying to start the program, it worked all of the sudden and since then I haven´t had any problems anymore.

Regards
Michael

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) PhaseOne - Capture One Pro (Public) topic #104 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.