nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #991
View in linear mode

Subject: "d3200 raw not supported by aperture" Previous topic | Next topic
bacil Basic MemberTue 07-Aug-12 03:11 AM
420 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"d3200 raw not supported by aperture"

Excelsior, US

Hi, I have been trying to search but I could not find any help.

I use OS X mountain lion and Aperture 3 (3.3.2) with the latest RAW support (3.14.2). However, my aperture does not recognize/support the raw file from my new d3200.

I googled this and found that d3200 raw is supported by the earlier raw support (3.13). I tried to download that but I could not because my computer already has a newer version (3.14).

Many thanks in advance.

Ferdi

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture
cosmicfires Silver Member
08th Aug 2012
bacil
08th Aug 2012
luckyphoto Gold Member
10th Aug 2012
luckyphoto Gold Member
10th Aug 2012
bacil
10th Aug 2012
luckyphoto Gold Member
10th Aug 2012
bacil
10th Aug 2012
Squirri Silver Member
23rd Sep 2012

cosmicfires Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Nov 2011Wed 08-Aug-12 06:35 AM
450 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Lynnwood, US

Change the name of Aperature's folder in /Applications/ and it might let you download the older version.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

my website

bacil Basic MemberWed 08-Aug-12 02:00 PM
420 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 08-Aug-12 02:01 PM by bacil

Excelsior, US

Hi,

Thank you. I did re-install both the OS X and Aperture, no success. It automatically include the latest RAW support. I look at the folder in application, there is only aperture program but not a folder.

I am wondering because Apple says that OS X mountain lion does support D3200.

Ferdi

luckyphoto Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Fri 10-Aug-12 01:10 PM
813 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 10-Aug-12 01:11 PM by luckyphoto

Port Charlotte, US

Here's another post that may help.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4148158?start=0&tstart=0

If Aperture 3.3.2 didn't support D3200 RAW there would be a lot of posts on various boards, so I suspect it's something with your specific computer and software setup. I'm also assuming that Mountain Lion is up to date as well.

If you know someone with another model of Nikon you could try importing RAW from their camera.

You might also look at repairing permissions.

Just some various things to try.

Good luck,

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

luckyphoto Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Fri 10-Aug-12 01:17 PM
813 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 3

Port Charlotte, US

I just had another quick thought. Could it be something with the SDHC card type or formatting? It might also be a cable or card reader issue.

If the RAW format is corrupted either on the card or during import, you wouldn't be able to correctly read it.

Just something else to check.

Larry

bacil Basic MemberFri 10-Aug-12 03:16 PM
#5. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Excelsior, US

Hi luckyphoto,

Thank you and you are right.

So, here is what happened.

On my desktop, I installed mountain lion without having opened a d3200 raw file before. It has this problem. The file is not supported.

So, I played with my laptop before installing mountain lion. I downloaded my d3200 raw file to it. It did work and it recognized the file. Then I installed the mountain lion. It still works fine.

So, you are right, mountain lion does support d3200 raw file but there is still bug. I still cannot do anything with my desktop which, unfortunately, is my photography computer.

luckyphoto Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Fri 10-Aug-12 05:20 PM
#6. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 5

Port Charlotte, US

Here are a few things to help isolate the issue.
1. Try opening JPEGs from the D3200. You may have already done this.
2. If you have an Apple store close by, take your SDHC card to the store and ask them to open your RAW files on their computer.
3. Take a SDHC card to a camera store and snap a few RAW photos from another D3200.
4. Get some RAW photos files from another model of Nikon Camera and see if they open.

Hopefully that will provide some indication of the issue.

Larry

bacil Basic MemberFri 10-Aug-12 05:58 PM
#7. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Excelsior, US

Thanks Larry. I will try the Apple store.

Squirri Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2012Sun 23-Sep-12 02:55 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: d3200 raw not supported by aperture"
In response to Reply # 7

Nottingham, UK

You could always reinstall Aperture. Move the old version to the trash(or better, use an app like Appzapper to remove all the other bits, which is probably where your problem is)

Then reinstall from CD or App Store

Also-have you tried opening the files in iPhoto?

Might help to tie down whether the problem is Aperture itself or the Camera Raw files from Apple(I believe these are shared across all imaging apps from Apple, including Preview)

res ipsa loquitur

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #991 Previous topic | Next topic