Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #96
View in linear mode

Subject: "d300s copyright fails transfer to Apple's Aperture" Search result list | Previous match | Next match
FTGRFR1 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2010Wed 14-Jul-10 04:17 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"d300s copyright fails transfer to Apple's Aperture"

US

Although the copyright appears in the metadata on the Nikon review screen, it fails to appear on Aperture. I have seen this same issue in the Apple community support without resolution. It may be that the copyright I am wishing to attach must be accomplished post image in the aperture import. Will any text or image content generated in Nikon flow through on the import? Thank You.
Dennis - AZ

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Wed 14-Jul-10 12:16 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: d300s copyright fails transfer to Apple's Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Englewood, US

>Although the copyright appears in the metadata on the Nikon
>review screen, it fails to appear on Aperture. I have seen
>this same issue in the Apple community support without
>resolution.

I avoid the issue by having Aperture apply a copyright line in the metadata to each
image as it's imported. As in this case, even the jpeg images from my iphone get
"stamped."

Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.- Ansel Adams

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 14-Jul-10 03:41 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: d300s copyright fails transfer to Apple's Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

In "D300s copyright info to Aperture?" the OP never got back to us about what he found out. I would use a really good EXIF reader utility and see exactly where within the EXIF data Aperture is recording the copyright data. I believe Nikon uses the EXIF 0x8298 Copyright tag and Aperture could use one of the ITPC or XMP copyright tags. There are post processing tools that can copy the copyright data of the EXIF tag to the ITPC or XMP tags or visa versa, or you might be able to create a script to perform the task.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

backpacker24 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2003Wed 14-Jul-10 09:25 PM
74 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: d300s copyright fails transfer to Apple's Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevada, US

I'm not sure which version of Aperture you're using. I can speak for version 3. In version 3, there are two fields where copyright information can be displayed. One is in EXIF data, and another in IPTC data. Make sure you're looking at the correct field.

The EXIF field is the one where your copyright notice set in your camera will be displayed.

The EXIF field is called "Copyright", and the IPTC field is called "Copyright Notice". You may have one turned on to be displayed, but not the other. These can be turned on and off in metadata presets.

At least, that's how it works in my copy.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

NDJPhoto Registered since 10th Dec 2010Sun 16-Jan-11 05:17 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: d300s copyright fails transfer to Apple's Aperture"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun 16-Jan-11 05:19 AM by NDJPhoto

Oceanside, US

Just to back the original claim, I have the latest version of Aperture 3, and a Nikon D300S with the latest firmware. I have the Artist info and Copyright information checked and filled out in the D300S, I have gone through everything I can think of in Aperture that would hinder/allow such information to be imported with the images.

End Result: Aperture 3 does not seem to import the Copyright or Artist information from the D300S settings, even as of Jan 2011.

The resolution posted by another user above, about having Aperture automatically fill this information out is what I will be doing. It would be nice if Aperture was able to handle the information coming from my D300S, which was one of the features that excited me about the D300S.

I love Aperture 3, especially with Photomatix, I just love the way it versions photos and makes adjustments, this is not a deal breaker... but... this is an annoying little detail with importing that I would think they could have taken care of with a patch by now, since the D300S is by no means a new kid on the block, and is widely used.

Happy Shootings,

Nick

Nick

www.shutterrev.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #96Search result list | Previous match | Next match

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.