nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #945
View in linear mode

Subject: "How to delete photos from Photo Stream in Aperture?" Previous topic | Next topic
sringsmuth Registered since 10th May 2012Thu 21-Jun-12 10:25 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How to delete photos from Photo Stream in Aperture?"

US

I have Aperture set to transfer all my photos to Photo Stream on import, which is handy for showing off newly-snapped pics to others on my iPad. But I usually go and delete about 1/3 of my photos after I have a chance to really examine them. Trouble is, deleting a photo from Aperture doesn't delete it from Photo Stream. And deleting a photo in Photo Stream doesn't delete the photo from the Aperture library. So in order to delete the photos I don't like, it seems like I have to erase each one twice. Surely there has to be a better way, but if there is I haven't found it. Does anyone here have a better solution?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

luckyphoto Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Sun 24-Jun-12 12:47 PM
814 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How to delete photos from Photo Stream in Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Try the photo "synch" capability of iTunes to synch your iPad with a folder on your computer. It's not perfect, but it's an easy way to manage your photos on your iPad.

Your iPad will synch to what's in the folder you've established on your computer. If you delete a photo in the folder, the next time you synch your iPad, the photo will be deleted on the iPad.

This is what I use for my iPhone.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Howker Registered since 21st Jul 2010Tue 26-Jun-12 04:19 AM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: How to delete photos from Photo Stream in Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 1

Redmond, US

This link should help. The old versions of Photostream you couldn't delete a single you had to delete the lot & start again!.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5125?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #945 Previous topic | Next topic