nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Howker

Redmond, US
193 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Howker Registered since 21st Jul 2010
Fri 15-Jun-12 04:12 AM

Now I have had a chance to use it let me say right away if you don't update you are missing out is some of the best improvements ever.
Rather than list them just log in to apertureexpert.com & look at the list then TRY THEM.
One button quick fix, White balance that recognizes faces if there are any & automatically goes to that slider, highlight & shadows with a mid contrast slider right there. Just think what you had to do to lose a 'halo effect' to get rid of it. Mid contrast fixes it right there.

The loading speed is Photo Mechanic fast. Just in Prefs try changing the 2 options for Post Import RAW processing. Camera Previews or Standard previews. Chose Camera previews, load in say 100 pictures from a card & as soon as you hit import there will thumbnail, in focus, right there.
As I say there is so much improvement even I who loved the color folder/project icons think this update is more like a complete rewrite.
try it!!
Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G