Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #93
View in linear mode

Subject: "D300s copyright info to Aperture?" Previous topic | Next topic
Sundancer62 Registered since 14th Jun 2010Wed 07-Jul-10 06:18 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D300s copyright info to Aperture?"

US

Unsuccessful searches on both this site and Apple's Aperture forum...I've set up my caption, artist, and comment info (along with the requisite checkboxes) on my D300s, and while the camera shows the metadata perfectly, I cannot get it to show up anywhere in Aperture 2.0 in EXIF, IPTC, or anywhere else...is there something I'm missing on the software side of this equation?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 11-Jul-10 05:54 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D300s copyright info to Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 12-Jul-10 12:23 AM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

There is a large amount of meta data included in the EXIF data, and most programs do not show all of this data or are not updated as additional data is added. You might want to look at ExifTool by Phil Harvey and the information at his site.

Does Aperture use the ITPC field? It appears Nikon uses the EXIF field.

Have you looked at the expanded EXIF view?

Add Extra EXIF Metadata ("Maker Note") to Photos Already in Aperture Library

Aperture: Metadata import/export issues (IPTC, keywords, EXIF)

Aperture: Some text from Copyright field missing in exported images

Topic : How to add a copyright to a photo in Aperture?

George
My Nikonian Galleries

flisom Registered since 19th Jul 2008Sun 11-Jul-10 06:54 PM
199 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D300s copyright info to Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 11-Jul-10 06:55 PM by flisom

Kingsland, US

Check you import options. You may be overwriting the camera data on import.

Fred Isom
www.TremblingEarthPhotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #93 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.