nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
bobpilot

Washington, US
3510 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007
Wed 22-Feb-12 01:23 AM | edited Wed 22-Feb-12 01:45 AM by bobpilot

The intended use will be for use when traveling as a means to download images, analyze them, and copy them to an external drive. Other uses will be the usual: internet, email and write an letter.

I plan use Lightroom 3 and understand that I will need to buy LR3 because I use Windows 7 for my main computer. However, after seeing that the MacBook Pro comes with iPhoto, I wonder if I will need LR3 for the Mac since I plan to import the files from the MAC to my Windows computer. Any issues with this? An NEF file is an NEF file, is that right? Or once it's viewed in iPhoto does it change?

The 15 inch screen seems fine; is there any reason to go to 17 inch?

Will the MacBook Pro come with email capability and something like MS Word or will I need to buy MS Office for MAC?

If I create an MS Office document on the MacBook Pro, will my Windows computer be able to read it?

If the MAC comes with its own Office-type of software is it specific to Mac's or will my Windows computer read it? (Seems unlikely)

Will there be any problems with my Windows machine using the image files that were first imported to LR2 on the MAC?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Considering a MacBook Pro, a few questions

G