Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #60
View in linear mode

Subject: "Import from iPhoto to Aperture" Previous topic | Next topic
matthews80439 Registered since 26th Feb 2010Wed 05-May-10 01:27 AM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Import from iPhoto to Aperture"

US

I recently uploaded some photos from my D300s (via a card reader) to iPhoto. I can't seem to Import them into Aperture. This is my first effort at Aperture PP and I am trying to walk before I run - learn one thing at a time. I click on the Import command but do not know how to link to iPhoto to get to the photos that reside there. Help, please.
Thanks from a newbie.
John

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mquinn55 Registered since 14th Sep 2006Thu 27-May-10 05:24 AM
245 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Import from iPhoto to Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Mission Viejo, US

Hi John,
I see this post is fairly old and with no responses. I'm not sure I can help as I have no experience with Aperture. I do know however that finding photos once iphoto gets a hold of them can be quite a hassle.

If this is the issue your having as opposed to an Aperture problem it may help to open iphoto, right click on a pic and click on "show file." This will open photo in finder. There you can right click again and choose "Get info" There will then be a Where: note that will show the location of the file.

For what it's worth, I import using Nikon Transfer and do my editing ( I use NX2 ) and save a jpg version to a different folder. I then import those files into iphoto.

I know mine is also a bit of a cumbersome workflow. There are many better ways and I'm looking into them myself.

Again, not sure if this is your issue but I hope it helps.

Mark.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

NewFad Registered since 15th Jul 2009Tue 01-Jun-10 11:20 PM
125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Import from iPhoto to Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 01-Jun-10 11:20 PM by NewFad

CA

If you go to "File" scroll down to "import" you will then have the option to import an iPhoto Library or to browse an iPhoto library and import individually.

Visit my Nikonians gallery. Actually, don't bother, there's nothing there!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #60 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.