Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #159
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need Suggestions for RAW & JPEG handling" Previous topic | Next topic
ahubba Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Apr 2009Wed 20-Oct-10 12:40 PM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Need Suggestions for RAW & JPEG handling"

North Kingstown, US

I shoot in RAW plus JPEG. Usually email the JPEG's to friends and family - do pp on the high quality keeper RAW images. When done, I want to keep the JPEG 'snapshots' and just the RAW images of the real good ones. What's the easiest way to delete just the RAW files if I've imported the RAW/JPEG pairs?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gwpics Registered since 19th Apr 2004Thu 21-Oct-10 07:20 AM
83 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Need Suggestions for RAW & JPEG handling"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 21-Oct-10 07:25 AM by gwpics

Southampton, GB

I am assuming that you are using Aperture since you posted here. Why not simply set up a 'smart album' and let the text that it finds be '.jpg' then you will have all the jpegs in one place. You could do the same with a folder, but the smart album will do it automatically for you.

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
+44 23 8046 3076
Web: www.gwpics.com
Blog: www.gerrywalden.wordpress.com

jaimielan Registered since 25th Oct 2007Thu 21-Oct-10 10:46 AM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Need Suggestions for RAW & JPEG handling"
In response to Reply # 1

Russellville, US

Rob Boyer has a great post about a RAW+JPEG workflow where you just import your jpegs and then after you make your selections you synchronize your RAW files.

This link may be helpful to you.

http://photo.rwboyer.com/2010/09/18/aperture-3-rawjpeg-workflow/

Jaimie

ahubba Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Apr 2009Thu 21-Oct-10 11:52 AM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Need Suggestions for RAW & JPEG handling"
In response to Reply # 2

North Kingstown, US

Thanks for your help - The Rob Boyer post was very helpful

Alan

Howker Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Sat 30-Oct-10 11:33 PM
185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Need Suggestions for RAW & JPEG handling"
In response to Reply # 2

Redmond, US

>Rob Boyer has a great post about a RAW+JPEG workflow where
>you just import your jpegs and then after you make your
>selections you synchronize your RAW files.
>
>This link may be helpful to you.
>
>http://photo.rwboyer.com/2010/09/18/aperture-3-rawjpeg-workflow/
>
>Jaimie
>
>
This is a great link to a web site I never knew existed. Looks like the answer to APerture stuggles are all here. Thnx jamielan

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #159 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.