Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1311
View in linear mode

Subject: "My 2 Vaults disappeared?" Previous topic | Next topic
glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Sun 08-Sep-13 03:51 PM
2925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"My 2 Vaults disappeared?"

South Australia, AU

Hi Guys,
Hooked up my to external USB3 HDD's to back up my Aperture library to my Vault_1 and Vault_2 and none were showing
Ejected the drives, closed all apps, did a restart but still no Vaults?

Did the Google search, did not find any answers,

In the end, I just set up 2 new vaults again, run vault back up for both, (still running), but appears to be working OK

I guess the questions are;
Does this happen often,
Where are the missing vaults?

Vault backup just finished with any problems so far
Regards,
Gary

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mozart11 Registered since 29th Apr 2006Sun 08-Sep-13 05:26 PM
269 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My 2 Vaults disappeared?"
In response to Reply # 0

Mineola, US

Sounds like it could be a Permissions (OS issue) problem. Things don't usually disappear if not deleted. You most likely get an error of not having permission to access drive X. You redid the Vaults now - but I would still run Disk Utility and repair Permissions for your computer. And use Disk Utility to Verify the Hard drives storing your Vaults.

To do this the absolute best way, boot up from your install disk another disk with a OS backup of the OS, or Boot into the Recovery Partition of the OS, and run Disk Utility from there.

For me, repairing Permissions has solved for PITA issues with Aperture than anything.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Mon 09-Sep-13 12:18 AM
2925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: My 2 Vaults disappeared?"
In response to Reply # 1

South Australia, AU

Thank you,
Much appreciated
....Gary

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1311 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.