nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Apple Post-Processing (Public) topic #1305
View in linear mode

Subject: "Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture?" Previous topic | Next topic
glxman Silver Member  South Australia, AU  Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008 Mon 26-Aug-13 12:35 PM
3387 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture?"

Have a few wide to edit from my 14-24
The only thing I really miss from CNX2
The last resort would be CNX2 just for that option and little else,
Even then I think I would have to convert to Tiff?
All my old files edited in CNX2 lost all their edits when imported into Aperture, many hours of work ahead of me!
Regards,
Gary

I used to have a photographic memory but never got it developed

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture? AMusingFool Silver Member
26th Aug 2013
Reply message RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture? luckyphoto Gold Member
26th Aug 2013
Reply message RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture? sduck409 Silver Member
14th Sep 2013
     Reply message RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture? glxman Silver Member
14th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture? glxman Silver Member
27th Aug 2013

AMusingFool Silver Member  Arlington, US  Nikonian since 30th Dec 2012 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:13 PM
209 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 0

I use PTLens, with which I've been happy.

"Geeks of All Nations, Compile!"
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

luckyphoto Gold Member  Port Charlotte, US  Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:57 PM
882 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 0

One alternative I use with Aperture is PT Lens. It's not real expensive and provides some nice features and pre-sets. They also have a trial version you can play with.

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

Good luck,

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

sduck409 Silver Member  Nashville, US  Nikonian since 14th Feb 2013 Sat 14-Sep-13 04:10 AM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 2

I'll third the recommendation for PTlens. It works great, and is really fast.

glxman Silver Member  South Australia, AU  Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008 Sat 14-Sep-13 04:50 AM
3387 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 4

Thank you Stephen,
Still undecided but PTLens is high on the list,
Starting to warm to DxO but at a premium price
....Gary

glxman Silver Member  South Australia, AU  Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008 Tue 27-Aug-13 12:38 AM
#3. "RE: Good Distortion Plug-in for Aperture?"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks Guys,
Will have a look at that one, doesn't appear to be that much else out there
....Gary

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Apple Post-Processing (Public) topic #1305 Previous topic | Next topic