nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012
Thu 15-Aug-13 07:17 PM

I installed the application last night. It seems like an innovative approach to PP. I can wait to dive into FACES. Wow. There are several questions, and one snag I hit:

a) how does one choose to organize as Project, Folder, Album? (I guess I need more time)

b) when Importing images, is it wise to apply some correction from the Presets? Or to wait?

c) My NIK Collection (Google) Plug Ins are giving me trouble. I created a folder called Plug Ins and dropped it in the Library>Application Assistants>Aperture folder. That didn't work. I did a Google search on the subject, and then created an Edit folder that I tucked into the Plug In folders. When I start up Aperture, and go to Photo>Edit In (drop down menu) the NIK plug ins are there, but they appear grey and won't activate.

i should add I tried this both with RAW (NEF) files and Jpegs. What will fix this?

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Aperture -- Starting out questions

G