Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1271
View in linear mode

Subject: "Got an Aperture wish list?" Previous topic | Next topic
natashadak Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2004Thu 18-Jul-13 07:18 AM
48 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Got an Aperture wish list?"

San Francisco, US

Hi

One of my clients works in the iPhoto division at Apple. We've discussed Aperture in passing a couple of times; at the end of each conversation he's made a point of saying he would pass on any suggestions I might have (he works in close proximity to the Aperture team.)

I use Aperture primarily for cataloguing and minor adjustments, so I have few complaints. But I would be happy to pass along suggestions anyone here may have.

The last time we spoke I really felt like he was soliciting input. I asked about the prospects of Aperture 4.0 and he responded w/the company line "I can't talk about any future releases", but it felt like there was more to be said ...

Thanks

John K

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Got an Aperture wish list?
EYEBALLER Gold Member
19th Jul 2013
franco1 Gold Member
19th Jul 2013
sduck409 Silver Member
22nd Jul 2013
DaveSoderlund Silver Member
22nd Jul 2013
lajolla Silver Member
23rd Jul 2013
glxman Silver Member
25th Jul 2013
jackhx Gold Member
26th Jul 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
07th Aug 2013
lajolla Silver Member
23rd Aug 2013
AMusingFool Silver Member
02nd Sep 2013
mikemaz41 Silver Member
08th Sep 2013
MikeW2ck Silver Member
09th Sep 2013
AMusingFool Silver Member
09th Sep 2013
glxman Silver Member
10th Sep 2013
jackhx Gold Member
10th Sep 2013
glxman Silver Member
10th Sep 2013
jackhx Gold Member
10th Sep 2013
jbc3 Silver Member
10th Sep 2013
glxman Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
jackhx Gold Member
11th Sep 2013
glxman Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
mikemaz41 Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
mikemaz41 Silver Member
10th Sep 2013
glxman Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
glxman Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
mikemaz41 Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
MikeW2ck Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
lajolla Silver Member
13th Sep 2013
jackhx Gold Member
13th Sep 2013
sduck409 Silver Member
14th Sep 2013
Victor777 Gold Member
13th Sep 2013
Ajjra Silver Member
01st Oct 2013
MikeW2ck Silver Member
01st Oct 2013
gorji Silver Member
08th Oct 2013
DaveSoderlund Silver Member
09th Oct 2013

EYEBALLER Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2011Fri 19-Jul-13 06:01 AM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 19-Jul-13 06:04 AM by EYEBALLER

Sterling Heights, US

>Hi
>
>One of my clients works in the iPhoto division at Apple. We've
>discussed Aperture in passing a couple of times; at the end of
>each conversation he's made a point of saying he would pass on
>any suggestions I might have (he works in close proximity to
>the Aperture team.)
>
>I use Aperture primarily for cataloguing and minor
>adjustments, so I have few complaints. But I would be happy to
>pass along suggestions anyone here may have.
>
>The last time we spoke I really felt like he was soliciting
>input. I asked about the prospects of Aperture 4.0 and he
>responded w/the company line "I can't talk about any
>future releases", but it felt like there was more to be
>said ...
>
>Thanks
>
>John K
>
>
>
>

Visit
>my
>Nikonians gallery>.

Natasha,it's comforting that someone would actually want to know what's wrong with Aperture or how it could be improved,especially an Apple employee. I strongly believe that ever since Steve Jobs passed away that Apple's top guy either does not care or want to cater to the professional sector of customers or he does not have the ability or skills to. Steve would literally roll back over in his grave if he were to see how Apple is taking a nose dive technically in their Pro computers and software including Aperture. I have noticed that since Steve passed, the mouse cursor size on the brushes have increased from size (1) to size (3) which is a real let down when trying to do precision work on tiny areas that I used to enjoy previously. I used to really enjoy Aperture's brushes and "no one" could beat their brushes,especially their repair/clone brush,but now they are slipping when they do stupid things like destroy Aperture's best - their brushes. It doesn't make any sense to Apple or me. Also,by now you would think that in order to keep up with the pro software market that they would build/program into their software the performance ability to use the much more efficient and faster GPU of the graphics card rather than the much slower CPU of the computer in Final Cut and Aperture 3.X. Where is the long over due Aperture 4,anyway?? Also I would love to see a decent noise cleaner like Lightroom has, Apertue's is a complete failure. I would love to see the "patch tool" from Photoshop CS5 or at least something close to it to save me a bunch of work and time and also a smart selection tool like Photoshop CS5 has - hell it would even be worth another $100 which I would gladly pay for,if Apple would build that functionality into their software. It seems that Apple recently is just concentrating on fast mass production of toys to appease the play world of button pushers while gradually abandoning the pro market to make their profit.

EYEBALLER

franco1 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2009Fri 19-Jul-13 07:49 AM
71 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0

Athelstone, AU

Hi John,
My biggest want is Automatic Lens Correction. If I'm not mistaken, Lightroom has this feature.

Also, I don't think that Apertures Vignetting correction is all that useful, particularly with photo's I take with my 14-24mm. It just seems a little to subtle.

Perhaps too ambitious but, Perspective Correction would be great as well.

I find the tagging feature in Aperture cumbersome compared to what I was used to with Elements before I transitioned. I was able to easily drag tags to a photo. With Aperture, unless I missed how to do this correctly, I need to type in the tags every time or go to a drop down box to select the tags.

Also, themes for slideshows are very limited, in fact, boring! I would like to see included Random Transitions as well and maybe something a little funkier, spinning transitions for example. My slideshows are becoming very ho-hum (albeit I do realise the photo's need to be great to start with ).

Thanks for the opportunity to voice our opinions on the possibility of an "Aperture 4".

Cheers
Elio

sduck409 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2013Mon 22-Jul-13 03:58 AM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nashville, US

Built in HDR processing - but only if it's as good or better than Nik's HDR Efex Pro 2.

A details enhancer like the one in Nik's Color Efex Pro.

Lens distortion correction - PTLens is great, but could be built into aperture easily enough.

Don't dumb it down like FCPX or Logic Pro X. The user interface is fine as it is.

DaveSoderlund Silver Member Nikonian since 29th May 2010Mon 22-Jul-13 03:50 PM
368 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0

Geneva, US

I guess what we wish for depends on our use patterns...

I use Aperture in conjunction with the Nik Suite for the vast majority of my post processing. I also own onOne's Perfect Photo Suite 7 but I use it primarily to resize for printing. I use Photoshop CS6 as my "external editor" but only for things that I simply can't do otherwise. (I really dislike Photoshop -- a prime example of Adobe bloatware with a miserable interface.)

So, I'd like Aperture 4 (Aperture X?) to include capabilities that would allow me to get rid of Photoshop completely, especially in light of Adobe's new "rent it perpetually" model. For me, these would be: (1) lens correction, and (2) perspective correction for wide angle architectural shots. (I don't use layers, but if I did I suppose that would be another desired capability -- although onOne's Perfect Layers might be a sufficient alternative.) It would be a shame, in my opinion, for Apple to try to emulate the capabilities of the Nik suite -- much better to work seamlessly with this excellent and unique set of applications.

Actually, Aperture 3.4 is a very stable and robust application -- there's not all that much that I'd change.

Dave

http://davidmsoderlund.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsoderlund/

Visit my Nikonians gallery

lajolla Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2005Tue 23-Jul-13 11:37 PM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 25-Jul-13 08:18 PM by lajolla

LaJolla, US

Any future release of a new version of Aperture will occur only after OS X Mavericks and the new Mac Pro workstation have been released. Both the OS X Mavericks release and the new Mac Pro supposedly will come out later this Fall. I will be very interested to see how the new Mavericks OS X Compressed Memory architecture might improve the application response of the current Aperture version 3.4.5 and any future Aperture release? And I agree with all of the suggested Aperture feature updates previously mentioned here by forum folks.
But clearly Apple will come out with some new image processing software, if only to take advantage of the amazing graphics capabilities of their new MacPro (made in the USofA).
I've paraphrased some of the tech notes from Apple marketing here to try and explain:
Traditionally, pro computers have relied primarily on the CPU for their computing power. But as GPU performances (graphics processing chips separate from the CPU) have dramatically increased, software developers have begun to leverage that power in their apps. The new Mac Pro will have an even more powerful GPU architecture. Not only will it feature a state-of-the-art AMD FirePro workstation-class GPU with up to 6GB of dedicated VRAM — it will feature two of them. With all that power, you’ll be able to do things like seamlessly edit video (full-resolution 4K video) while simultaneously rendering effects in the background — and still have enough power to connect up to three high-resolution 4K monitor displays. Not to mention being able to run any currently available digital image processing software at speeds heretofore unimaginable. So given this small 7" by 10" black cylinder on your desk, with an appropriate display monitor, why would Apple not try and introduce a new version of Aperture, as they surely will introduce new releases of their video-editing software and their audio recording studio software to showcase the Mac Pro's state of the art computing performance?

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Thu 25-Jul-13 06:46 AM
2974 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0

South Australia, AU

Thank you John
All apple have to do is match or better LR5 and they will have a huge market switch,
Most people I talk to are more happy with the cataloging of Aperture than LR but still have both programs
Add some options similar to Elements and I think they will grab a huge market share
Corel and others have already started to grab the people leaving adobe

Regards,
Gary

jackhx Gold Member Charter MemberFri 26-Jul-13 05:38 AM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 6

Richardson, US

More robust video editing similar to LR5 or PS CS6 Extended.

Agree with comments about not dumbing it down! Keep basic interface and workflow as it currently is.

Jack

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Wed 07-Aug-13 04:55 AM
762 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 7

Los Angeles, US

I've got LR-5, and today I used the DEVELOP module for the first time. There is a control panel for lens correction, but my only word for it is "puny". It had a roster of about 6 or 7 Nikon lens with specs for them. What's that all about.

I was waiting in the wings and cruising around for info on Aperture. With no new version on the horizon, I gave up and bought LightRoom. Hey, I'm a diehard Mac user, so where is the host software from Apple for us guys?

lajolla Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2005Fri 23-Aug-13 04:32 PM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 8

LaJolla, US

Apple today finally released an Aperture 3.4.5 RAW file import and conversion update for the Leica M Monochrome body. This is a sure sign for me that Apple will continue to support and develop future versions of Aperture. And often Apple will include tweaks to previous RAW import and conversion algorithms that are not explicitly mentioned in their new cam update releases.
I always install any and all newly offered RAW camera support updates for that very reason.

AMusingFool Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2012Mon 02-Sep-13 03:36 PM
207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0

Arlington, US

A minor thing I'd like to see is a submenu under the export menu for photostreams.

"Geeks of All Nations, Compile!"

mikemaz41 Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Feb 2010Sun 08-Sep-13 03:26 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0

troy, US

A easy/simple way to create a watermark on the images in Aperture.

MikeW2ck Silver Member Charter MemberMon 09-Sep-13 05:27 AM
351 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 11

US

Pass on any suggestions? How about Apple just telling us if there will be an Aperture 4? How about explaining why it's almost two years overdue?

AMusingFool Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2012Mon 09-Sep-13 05:57 PM
207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 11

Arlington, US

Tried this plugin?

"Geeks of All Nations, Compile!"

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Tue 10-Sep-13 12:23 AM
2974 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 13

South Australia, AU

It can be done with an edit in Finder
....Gary

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

jackhx Gold Member Charter MemberTue 10-Sep-13 04:43 AM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 14

Richardson, US

I may be missing the point about watermarking, but you can add a watermark using the export function in Aperture now. Are you looking for something different than that?

Jack

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Tue 10-Sep-13 04:49 AM
#16. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 15
Tue 10-Sep-13 04:51 AM by glxman

South Australia, AU

Hi Jack,
I've been exporting to the desktop,
opening on the desk top and using the edit option to create the water mark there
Other than Photoshop, I don't know of another option
.....Gary

jackhx Gold Member Charter MemberTue 10-Sep-13 01:54 PM
#17. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 16

Richardson, US

I have set up a preset in the export function of Aperture for the size JPEG i use for web posting. Under "edit" for the preset, click "Show Watermark", select position and opacity, and choose an image to serve as the watermark. I just created the image in Photoshop so that's the image I attach.

Whenever I want to post an image to the web, I just use that export preset to apply the watermark. Pretty easy once you set it up. I've attached a screen shot of the edit window to set up the watermark in an export preset.

Jack

jbc3 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2010Tue 10-Sep-13 02:16 PM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 17

Covington, US

In addition to many of the items mentioned above, how about a way to create a border with shadow when you either print or export an image? As far as I know, you have to find a 3rd party software to do that now.

Jim

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Wed 11-Sep-13 12:23 AM
#20. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"

South Australia, AU

Thank you for the heads-up Jack,
I am aware of the photoshop method but don't have PS yet,
Your method using PS is very fast and efficient,
would I be able to do that with PS Elements?
....Gary

jackhx Gold Member Charter MemberWed 11-Sep-13 05:01 AM
#23. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 20

Richardson, US

>Thank you for the heads-up Jack,
>I am aware of the photoshop method but don't have PS yet,
>Your method using PS is very fast and efficient,
>would I be able to do that with PS Elements?
>....Gary

Hi Gary,

I think so. I don't use Elements but I know it has a text typing tool so it should work to create a document with the wording you want for your watermark and save it as an image file. Then use that image file to create the watermark in Aperture Export function as I discussed above. I saved several export presets for different sizes that I commonly use so all I have to do is select the size I want from the export preset list and Aperture exports the images with the watermark.

Jack

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Wed 11-Sep-13 05:16 AM
#24. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 23

South Australia, AU

Thank you Jack,
I think some local stores are unloading their Elements 10 stock,
May invest in it anyway,
Did have the trial and found it worked a treat for changing backgrounds using layers and also the cloning option was a whole lot better than Aperture
Who knows, Aperture 4 may have all this including distortion control
....Gary

mikemaz41 Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Feb 2010Wed 11-Sep-13 07:01 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#26. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"

troy, US

Hi Jack;

I am totally MAC and do not have or use Photoshop. Gary's suggestion below seems like something I could accomplish. Many thanks for your suggestions.
Mike

mikemaz41 Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Feb 2010Tue 10-Sep-13 08:10 PM
#19. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 15

troy, US

I would like to add a watermark to my images when I subscribe to SmugMug but haven' a clue how to do that. I would like a small opaque watermark on each image.

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Wed 11-Sep-13 12:27 AM
#21. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 19

South Australia, AU

If you have Photoshop, Jack's method is the way to go
If not, it can be done on export to your desktop but takes a couple of minutes to do before your upload to the net
,,,,Gary

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Wed 11-Sep-13 03:20 AM
#22. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 19

South Australia, AU

Hi Michael,
If you haven't got Photoshop, this is how I do it,
-Export image to desktop
-Open Image
-Select edit tool and edit bar opens
-Select text
-Position cursor where you want to start your watermark
-Click and text box appears
-Type in what you want
-Text box will disappear when you close but still retain your typed text
Sorry if you know this already,
Regards,
Gary

mikemaz41 Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Feb 2010Wed 11-Sep-13 06:58 PM
#25. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 22

troy, US

Many thanks Gary;
I am "all MAC" and I have previously read you need an image file to create a watermark for images. And to be honest I haven't a clue how to do that. Your suggestion will be attempted soon and hopefully when my images are posted up on SmugMug later this month the watermark "Maziasz Photography" will appear. Again many thanks.

MikeW2ck Silver Member Charter MemberWed 11-Sep-13 10:18 PM
351 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 25

US

Try iWatermark.

lajolla Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2005Fri 13-Sep-13 05:04 PM
#28. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 27

LaJolla, US

Apple released a new aperture raw file update yesterday:
Digital Camera RAW 4.09 and
Digital Camera RAW Support 4090
The 4.09 updates come bundled, in my case with OSX Mountain Lion update v10.8.5
The Apple Support update info page states:
This update addresses a white balance issue with some Nikon images that were modified by third-party applications.
Apparently there was incompatibility between the early August Nikon View NX 2.8.0 softwre update and the late August aperture raw 4.08 update. This latest aperture raw 4.09 update fixes the incompatibilities. I don't use NX 2.8.0 so I did not notice any problems with either the earlier aperture raw 4.08 update or the latest aperture raw 4.09 update. But many people did and that is why Apple thankfully released this raw update fix so quickly. good luck

jackhx Gold Member Charter MemberFri 13-Sep-13 05:33 PM
#29. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 28

Richardson, US

>Apple released a new aperture raw file update yesterday:
>Digital Camera RAW 4.09 and
>Digital Camera RAW Support 4090
>The 4.09 updates come bundled, in my case with OSX Mountain
>Lion update v10.8.5
>The Apple Support update info page states:
>This update addresses a white balance issue with some Nikon
>images that were modified by third-party applications.
>Apparently there was incompatibility between the early August
>Nikon View NX 2.8.0 softwre update and the late August
>aperture raw 4.08 update. This latest aperture raw 4.09 update
>fixes the incompatibilities. I don't use NX 2.8.0 so I did not
>notice any problems with either the earlier aperture raw 4.08
>update or the latest aperture raw 4.09 update. But many people
>did and that is why Apple thankfully released this raw update
>fix so quickly. good luck

Thank you for the update, Stephen!

I don't use NX either, and I had not noticed any problems with the Aperture conversions.

Jack

sduck409 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2013Sat 14-Sep-13 03:09 AM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#31. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 27

Nashville, US

I suppose there needs to be a watermarking thread, rather than this ongoing thread hijack. There are actually quite easy, fast, free ways of doing it in aperture - you don't need photoshop or anything like that.

Victor777 Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Sep 2012Fri 13-Sep-13 06:47 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#30. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 22

Houston, US

Is this info for the PC or Mac? Images open in Preview on the Mac.In Preview annotations and watermarks can be added to photos.
1. Open Image in Preview
2. Open Fonts in the Tools/Show Fonts to place it on the desktop.
3. Select Tools/Annotate/Add Text
4. Draw Text box where you want to put the watermark.
5 Insert the text you desire in the box.

Quite functional but not elegant. Still Neanderthal compared to having the function built in to Aperture itself.

Ajjra Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2010Tue 01-Oct-13 04:37 PM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#32. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 0

Brooklyn, US

Please just ask that they release Aperture 4 at all. It's clear that their user base is growing increasingly concerned about the future if this product.

MikeW2ck Silver Member Charter MemberTue 01-Oct-13 04:43 PM
#33. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 32

US

>Please just ask that they release Aperture 4 at all.

That is the main question here. I don't think a professional with 200,000 images tied to Aperture is much worried about watermarking. They want to know that Apple is committed to their software. The loud silence from Apple is absurd and will only repel customers. Even the very loyal such as myself.

gorji Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2007Tue 08-Oct-13 10:52 AM
309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#34. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 33

Jamesville, US

Agree 100%. I have LR5 and CS6. I will NOT rent CC PERIOD. I want to go to Aperture but the silence is not good.

Also there is no trial. So I sit back for now wondering what to do.
-------------
Please visit my galleries: Reza Gorji Photography

DaveSoderlund Silver Member Nikonian since 29th May 2010Wed 09-Oct-13 12:01 AM
368 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#35. "RE: Got an Aperture wish list?"
In response to Reply # 34

Geneva, US

Chill.
Aperture is cheap enough (unlike Adobe products) so that you can go ahead and buy it. There is no reason for Apple to bring out a numerical upgrade until they are ready to make a real advance. This is what they just did with Logic Pro -- I expect a similar significant upgrade to Aperture eventually. Meanwhile, Aperture 3.4.5 is a great program at a bargain price.

Dave

http://davidmsoderlund.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsoderlund/

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1271 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.