nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
MikeBee

Stamford, US
412 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MikeBee Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Sat 08-Jun-13 01:33 PM

Hi,

I am now within 30GB of maxing out my MBP HD. I have bought an NAS RAID 1 setup which I will be connecting to my router. I would like to move all my images over onto the new external drive, but would like to keep them connected through the previews/thumbnails/albums etc already in Aperture. So basically using the external disk as the main workhorse.

For new images coming in, I was thinking of using the MBP HD only for editing .

On importing from the camera cards I'd like to be able to make and put them in an album/folder etc in Aperture with preview/thumbnails, but send the actual image files to the external disk.

I haven't been able to understand if this is possible or not, so any help with your experience in either how to make this setup or doing something similar/more efficient would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Mike

www.beresford-photos.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G