nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jimmyv13068

Huntington, US
49 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jimmyv13068 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2011
Tue 12-Mar-13 02:47 AM

Okay, I'm still trying to decide between Aperture and LR4. I have downloaded the trial version of LR4 and I can see where there is a significant learning curve in order to be able to use the program and accomplish the desired results. I do think LR4 may have the edge on technical quality, and certainly commitment to the future, but I still think both are very close for my use.
I believe Aperture is going to be better for what I need a PP program to do, and certainly a more user friendly interface, but I have some concerns. I hear quite a bit about the program crashing and running slowly or getting bogged down. If this is true, that alone would be a deal killer for me, although LR4 is not particularly fast as I understand either.
I hope some of you that use Aperture will give me some feedback on your experiences with it. I am running a new iMac OS X with 8 gigs of RAM and a 1 TB hard drive along with a Lacie 2TB external hard drive. This alone, coming from a windows machine running vista has been a learning experience in itself and my brain is a little tired, LOL.
Any input would be greatly appreciated ladies and gentlemen!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Input from Aperture users please Chris Platt Silver Member
12th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Input from Aperture users please jimmyv13068 Silver Member
12th Mar 2013
     Reply message RE: Input from Aperture users please Squirri Silver Member
12th Mar 2013
          Reply message RE: Input from Aperture users please Ajjra Silver Member
13th Mar 2013
13th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
14th Mar 2013
                                                  Reply message RE: Input from Aperture users please AMusingFool Silver Member
14th Mar 2013
                                                  Reply message RE: Input from Aperture users please kub3838
15th Mar 2013

G