Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1047
View in linear mode

Subject: "Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF imag..." Previous topic | Next topic
rosewood_ltd Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Sep 2008Fri 12-Oct-12 01:59 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF images in Aperture"
Fri 12-Oct-12 02:04 AM by rosewood_ltd

Akron, US

I've been just getting started with my new D800 and have been doing some HDR work. I'm finding that Aperture is randomly and intermittently losing the ability to display my final TIFF images after post processing with the HDR Efex Pro 2 plugin. Once the image goes to pot, I have to close Aperture and reopen it to be able to see the image again. I'm having no issues viewing the imported, unprocessed RAW images. Anyone have any similar experiences or thoughts?

I'm using Aperture 3.4.1, 6 Core Mac Pro with 2GB Radeon and 12 GB RAM

Thanks!

Russ

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Zenfolio page: www.yellowcreekstudio.zenfolio.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF ...
rosewood_ltd Silver Member
12th Oct 2012
pentwater Silver Member
12th Oct 2012
JonK Moderator
12th Oct 2012
Richcower
19th Feb 2013
pickerbw
03rd Apr 2013

rosewood_ltd Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Sep 2008Fri 12-Oct-12 03:22 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF images in Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Akron, US

Update, now seeing the same issue with NEF files as well

My Zenfolio page: www.yellowcreekstudio.zenfolio.com

pentwater Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2003Fri 12-Oct-12 12:54 PM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF images in Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

Jupiter, US

I have not seen your problem. However, I did have a problem with the Nik CFX4 plugin within Aperture processing D800 images. Nik support's online chat helped me understand the problem though not solve it. You might try checking in with them.

Good luck!

Bill

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Fri 12-Oct-12 11:49 PM
4200 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF images in Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

It's not limited to Aperture. I'm running OSX 10.8.2 on a two-year-old MacBppk Pro and the screen saver displays an ever-changing montage of images from my iPhoto library. One out of 20 or so images displays as lines. My iPhoto images are low res JPGs from Lightroom. I use iPhoto as a conduit to my iPhone, iPad, and web site), so I know that there is no issue with the JPGs themselves as they display just fine everywhere else.

I'm guessing (but have not researched) it's a video issue that APple will fix in an upgrade .

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Richcower Registered since 22nd Jan 2013Tue 19-Feb-13 03:23 PM
201 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF images in Aperture"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 19-Feb-13 03:24 PM by Richcower

US

I've had various problems with NIK's HDR tool in CS5 & CS6. They seem to have went away when I went into Preferences/Performance in Adobe and turned off the GPU.

pickerbw Registered since 03rd Apr 2013Wed 03-Apr-13 04:58 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Interesting problem with HDR Efex 2 generated TIFF images in Aperture"
In response to Reply # 4

Carrollton, US

I'm glad you had this issue, too. I found my daughter kneeling on my MBA tonight, and i encountered this same issue for the first time afterwards. I was afraid she ruined my computer...

I downloaded the Nik plugins the other day, but I seemed to be able to replicate/resolve the issue by switching back and forth between full screen and windowed mode in aperture. I wasn't scientific and deliberate enough to figure out the root cause or solution, but my guess was it is an aperture and/or video driver issue.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1047 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.