nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
kentak

US
934 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kentak Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2010
Fri 21-Sep-12 12:25 AM | edited Fri 21-Sep-12 01:06 AM by kentak

Last night I updated my iMac 21.5 in Core 2 Duo to OS X 10.8.2.

Then I updated Aperture to version 3.4. Upon launching it prompted me to update the library to work with the new version. I did so.

Then Aperture crashed and crashed upon opening each and every time thereafter. There was nothing I could do to prevent the crash as it never fully opened.

To recover, I moved Aperture to the trash and restored the Time Machine backup from a couple of days ago. However, an error message told me it couldn't open the Aperture Library because it wasn't compatible with this previous version.

So, I moved my whole 44 Gig library to the trash and restored the library from Time Machine. Thankfully, that worked. No harm done except a lot of anxiety and time spent in the recovery.

I won't be doing any updates until I either check with Apple about this issue or see a fix posted if this is becomes a known issue.

If you want to go ahead with the update, be sure to first backup both your current version of Aperture and the Aperture library.

Added: As of the evening of 9/20, I'm seeing identical and similar reports on the Apple support forums. I guess it's not just me.

Kent

G