Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1015
View in linear mode

Subject: "mac and opanda" Previous topic | Next topic
linc396 Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Sat 08-Sep-12 07:03 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"mac and opanda"

Clarkston, US

Having recently switched to a mac from a pc, I find that opanda can no longer tell me the number of frames I've shot. Is there a way to do this or a program that works with mac?

Bob

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: mac and opanda
Asgard Administrator
08th Sep 2012
linc396 Gold Member
08th Sep 2012
Asgard Administrator
09th Sep 2012
Bob32 Silver Member
10th Sep 2012
Asgard Administrator
10th Sep 2012
wjr47 Gold Member
11th Sep 2012
linc396 Gold Member
11th Sep 2012
fmurphy
11th Sep 2012
rdls Platinum Member
11th Sep 2012
linc396 Gold Member
11th Sep 2012
ecossephoto
11th Sep 2012
Golfster Gold Member
13th Oct 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
11th Sep 2012
linc396 Gold Member
13th Oct 2012

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sat 08-Sep-12 09:53 PM
50032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Double click the Image and press the keys CMD and I

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

linc396 Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Sat 08-Sep-12 11:00 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 1

Clarkston, US

I have tried with the image open in iphoto and preview pressing the keys cmd one at a time and all at once w/ the letter i and w/ the number 1 but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Bob

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 09-Sep-12 01:06 PM
50032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

Do not open with iPhoto. Search for the image with Finder, then double click....

Eala Freya Fresena

Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007Mon 10-Sep-12 12:34 PM
4359 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 3

Chico, US

Gerold,

I just tried this method using Finder to locate an image on my desktop, but it didn’t work for me either. Perhaps more detailed information is necessary.

Bob

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 10-Sep-12 03:48 PM
#5. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 4

East Frisia, DE

Try it with an original NEF-image. It´s possible that you have not stored the Exif-Data in the Jpeg-Image.

Eala Freya Fresena

wjr47 Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2005Tue 11-Sep-12 12:44 AM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 5

Palmyra, US

In Finder, right click and choose, 'Open With' Preview. With the image open in Preview, press CMND I (Capital letter i). That will work.

Protect our environment
Shoot it, save it, share it

Bill

linc396 Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Tue 11-Sep-12 01:19 AM
#7. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 6

Clarkston, US

>In Finder, right click and choose, 'Open With' Preview. With
>the image open in Preview, press CMND I (Capital letter i).
>That will work.

I can't get that to work either, but thanks.

Bob

fmurphy Registered since 29th Jul 2006Tue 11-Sep-12 03:07 AM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 7
Tue 11-Sep-12 03:14 AM by fmurphy

Umbarger, US

If you're new to mac....welcome aboard! I believe you made a wise choice. As far as getting shutter count from an individual photo, you might try opening the file in the "preview" app and go to the information screen, look in the exif data and you should see the shutter count on that photo,,,,,,wrks for me.
Best of luck to you......
Welcome to the world of MAC!
PS..if this doesn't seem to work send me a msg and I'll try to talk you through it on phone. It's an easy way do do this.
Frank M
Amarillo,tx

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rdls Platinum Member Nikonian since 25th Sep 2004Tue 11-Sep-12 10:20 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 7

Tewkesbury, GB

>
>>In Finder, right click and choose, 'Open With' Preview.
>With
>>the image open in Preview, press CMND I (Capital letter
>i).
>>That will work.
>
>I can't get that to work either, but thanks.

What seems obvious to some people can be perplexing to others. I have the same problem sometimes.

Not all mac mice can "right click". The right click can be simulated by holding the CTRL key down as you click the mouse. This brings up a small menu near the mouse pointer on the screen.

The CTRL, ALT and CMD keys are like shift keys. You hold them down before you press the letter key, and release them afterwards. So "CMD I" means, hold down the key with the clover leaf first, then press the "I" key and release the clover leaf key.

I am not familiar with Opanda, but I did find the shutter count from one of my images.

I opened the image using preview and found "Show Inspector" in the TOOLS menu at the top of the screen. The second tab in the inspector window (called "more info") has a "Nikon" tab which includes the shutter count.

Sorry to labour the point, but it's difficult to know the level of detail to use with someone coming to an unfamiliar platform.

Best regards and I hope you finally crack this problem.
Richard

linc396 Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Tue 11-Sep-12 02:00 PM
#10. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 9

Clarkston, US

Awesome. Thank you one and all, I finally got it.

Bob

ecossephoto Registered since 21st Jun 2012Tue 11-Sep-12 05:37 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 10

GB

Wow!
My D200 has "only" had 22,794 shots through it. Barely run in.

Golfster Gold Member Nikonian since 21st May 2006Sat 13-Oct-12 06:34 PM
383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 9

Upland, US

And Richard, my thanks as well for the "Show Inspector" process. Best Regards, Dennis.

A Nikonian in California

My Nikonians Gallery

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 11-Sep-12 08:59 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Opanda is written very specifically for Windows and the Intel or Intel compatible computer, different machine languages. Unless you have a Mac that can run Windows programs, Opanda will not work on your Mac.

There are web based sites that can provide the shutter count from a Jpeg you link to their site for processing.

Jeffrey\'s Exif viewer

George
My Nikonian Galleries

linc396 Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Sat 13-Oct-12 06:58 PM
#14. "RE: mac and opanda"
In response to Reply # 12
Sat 13-Oct-12 07:00 PM by linc396

Clarkston, US

>Unless you have a Mac that can run Windows programs, Opanda
>will not work on your Mac.

I have microsoft office, but I don't know if I can run any other programs.
Thanks,

Bob

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1015 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.