Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1008
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
joehits Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Jul 2012Tue 04-Sep-12 06:13 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!"

Charlotte, US

I am new to the D7000, as well as downloading the pictures to my iMac so please forgive me for asking dumb questions..... (but I AM having HUGE fun with all this stuff!)

After I shoot pictures and download them to my IMac running iPhoto, I have DOUBLE pictures of everything in iPhoto! I have the camera set up to run RAW on slot #1 and JPEG on slot #2. Could it be that contents of BOTH cards are being downloaded (even though the pictures 'look' the same????). I have been downloading via the USB cable from the camera to the computer.

Is there any way to adjust either camera or iPhoto so I only get ONE copy of each picture? Is there a smarter way to do this?

Thanks in advance to all the Nikonians!

Joe Hits
Digital Photography Rookie

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!
Joseph Bautsch
04th Sep 2012
joehits Silver Member
06th Sep 2012
joehits Silver Member
06th Sep 2012
ecossephoto
08th Sep 2012
Alexcorral
31st Jan 2013

Joseph Bautsch Registered since 15th Oct 2009Tue 04-Sep-12 08:27 PM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Marietta, US

Downloading direct from the camera the iPhoto program will read both cards. Card one first then card two. If you only want one photo to be downloaded don't set up the camera to record a second copy of the same shot. If you do want a RAW photo and a jpg then iPhoto is giving you what you asked the camera and iPhoto to do. Another way to solve the problem is to set iPhoto not to download duplicates and you will only get one photo all off card one. If you only want one photo in iPhoto why are ask the camera to record both a RAW and a jpg of the same shot? Since both iPhoto and the camera keep a numerical sequence, you should wind up with both the RAW photo and the jpg of the same shot side by side in iPhoto sense they both will share the same numerical sequence. Most photographers I know use the second card as backup, recording a second RAW or second jpg in the event something happens to card one.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

joehits Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Jul 2012Thu 06-Sep-12 03:25 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Charlotte, US

Thanks Joseph! Makes perfect sense. I knew the problem was the photographer and not the equipment!!! I will make the changes you have suggested.

joehits Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Jul 2012Thu 06-Sep-12 03:25 PM
#3. "RE: D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Charlotte, US

Thanks Joseph! Makes perfect sense. I knew the problem was the photographer and not the equipment!!! I will make the changes you have suggested.

ecossephoto Registered since 21st Jun 2012Sat 08-Sep-12 07:52 PM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

UK

Double downloads & double posts!

Alexcorral Registered since 22nd Dec 2012Thu 31-Jan-13 02:59 PM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 double uploads to iMac/iPhoto!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

PA

I'm not sure if iPhoto can do this but Aperture allows you to download the RAW as original and the JPEG as version. This eliminates the duplicate shots but still allows you to retain JPEG images as processed by the camera.

Most of the time the JPEGs out of my D7000 are good to go (if you set the JPEG image processing controls to your needs/likes). When I feel like the JPEG didn't come out right I have the original RAW to process in Aperture.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Apple postprocessing (Public) topic #1008 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.