nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Aperture image database and other aperture questions

ajstark123

Katonah, US
557 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ajstark123 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2007
Thu 30-Aug-12 12:34 AM

I was reading through a another post and it mentioned that Aperture had a database. How does the database work. Am I locked into some obscure vendor folder structure or can I use my folder structure. I do not want my photos to get lost or corrupted if the application crashes. I have my own way of sorting my photos that has been working very well for me.

The Authors of 'Photoshop CS 5 for Nature Photographers' say in their book that they use Aperture as there primary tool and only go into Photoshop to do layer masks and use the filters.

I have Photoshop cs 5. I use levels, curves and unsharp mask. I may occasional straighten lines/edges of a sign that I photographed. Can I perform all of these tasks with Aperture. Will it make my image optimization easier?

Is aperture compatible with D200 raw files?

What fie format does Aperture use, Photoshops PSD?

How does Aperture compare to Light Loom?

Thank You

Al

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Aperture image database and other aperture questio...

G