Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9807
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bridge/DNG Converter Is Corrupting Files" Previous topic | Next topic
jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003Sun 06-Jan-13 06:32 PM
1281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bridge/DNG Converter Is Corrupting Files"

Edmond, US

I am running CS5 and using the Bridge utility to transfer files to my computer. I am shooting with a D800E and attempting to convert NEF files to DNG. I am using a current model Lexar USB 3.0 card reader. Each time I try to offload the files some of them are corrupt (showing either vertical or horizontal streaks across the image). According to the update utility in Bridge all updates are current. The current version of the Adobe DNG converter is 7.2. I don't know how to find out which version of the converter is being employed by Bridge in CS5. I don't want to install more software until I am able to figure out what is going on. I have transferred the files to different hard drives and tested a couple of compactflash cards to make sure that neither of those elements is the source of the problem. It therefore appears that the problem is with the DNG conversion process. I should also mention that the NEF files transfer without a problem. It is only when I try to convert to DNG that the problem occurs. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do about this problem I will appreciate hearing from you.

JDT

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Sat 12-Jan-13 11:07 PM
6474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bridge/DNG Converter Is Corrupting Files"
In response to Reply # 0

Albuquerque, US

Jim, the last version of ACR for CS5 is 6.7.

This Adobe webpage says 6.7 should be compatible with your 800E --
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

The download webpage for ACR 6.7 calls the file to download
"Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter"
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5371

~LarryC (eLCee)

jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003Sun 20-Jan-13 03:48 PM
1281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bridge/DNG Converter Is Corrupting Files"
In response to Reply # 1

Edmond, US

Hi Larry,

Yes, I have ACR 6.7 installed. I also downloaded and installed the latest version of the DNG converter. I still experienced a problem.

I have decided to forego the DNG conversion with the D800E files anyway. I am not concerned about the NEF files becoming unreadable at this time. If there comes a time when I am I will revisit the issue.

Thanks for your reply.

JDT

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9807 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.