nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jim thomas

Edmond, US
1297 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Sun 06-Jan-13 06:32 PM

I am running CS5 and using the Bridge utility to transfer files to my computer. I am shooting with a D800E and attempting to convert NEF files to DNG. I am using a current model Lexar USB 3.0 card reader. Each time I try to offload the files some of them are corrupt (showing either vertical or horizontal streaks across the image). According to the update utility in Bridge all updates are current. The current version of the Adobe DNG converter is 7.2. I don't know how to find out which version of the converter is being employed by Bridge in CS5. I don't want to install more software until I am able to figure out what is going on. I have transferred the files to different hard drives and tested a couple of compactflash cards to make sure that neither of those elements is the source of the problem. It therefore appears that the problem is with the DNG conversion process. I should also mention that the NEF files transfer without a problem. It is only when I try to convert to DNG that the problem occurs. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do about this problem I will appreciate hearing from you.

JDT

G