nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #9796
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help" Previous topic | Next topic
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources   San Pedro Garza García, MX  Charter Member Sat 05-Jan-13 05:59 AM
35893 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help"
Sat 05-Jan-13 09:19 AM by jrp

I remember the license of Photoshop and any other Adobe programs could be used in a laptop and a PC. I have used it like that for ten years or more.
Is that still true?

I have it in the laptop and when installing it on my new PC it says something like "This software has been installed in two machines, please deactivate or find a solution"

I may have installed Photoshop to my older machine now dead.

Attempts to remove the program fail from my new PC. The program remains in the hard disk.

Support and Help links take me to pages explaining what support areas there are but can't find the link to talk or write to someone.

Has someone had this problem before? Can you help?

Thank you.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help scenicshutterbug Silver Member
05th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography
05th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography
05th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help HenkB Silver Member
05th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
06th Jan 2013

scenicshutterbug Silver Member  Beaufort County, US  Nikonian since 27th May 2008 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:49 PM
910 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi JRP,

It sounds like Photoshop is looking for the program to have been deactivated on your older machine before allowing you to complete the activation on your new one. SInce it is now dead, you obviously can't do that. I believe if you call Adobe Customer Support (800-833-6687) they should be able to deactivate the copy that is registered on your older machine so that you can complete the activation on your new PC. You should not have to remove it from your new PC in order to do this. The website says that support is available from 5 am-7pm EST, M-F, so you may have to wait until Monday to reach them. You will also need the serial number from the copy you are trying to install and probably your Adobe ID.

I hope this helps.

Karen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:50 PM
15269 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, it's still true that you can have two copies installed: one on a desktop and one on a laptop. You can even get fancier and have copies installed on more computers than that, but have only two activated at a time. You can deactivate the others, but leave the program on the drive. If you want to start using another, you can deactivate the unused one, and then activate the new one. BTW, I don't do this, but it's possible and allowed.

Years back I had a mother board that died, and I was faced with a similar problem as yours. I chose to move to Macs at that time (not because of the failure), so I was looking at a completely clean install on my new computer. I called Adobe's support hot line (the number you call varies depending on where you're calling from - in the US it's 800-833-6687, Monday through Friday) and they removed that extra registration from my records while we talked. They also switched my licenses from Windows to Macs. It was pretty quick and easy. They also have a chat capability, which might be fine for this.

Given additional insight I have into your schedule , I would try deactivating the license on your desktop temporarily, which should allow your laptop to activate. Then call the number above next week. You'll then be able to activate your desktop by the time you need it.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography     Colorado Springs, US  Nikonian since 05th May 2002 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:53 PM
15269 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help"
In response to Reply # 2

BTW, the deactivate a license without uninstalling the software, just open up Photoshop and then select Help>Deactivate.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

HenkB Silver Member  Wayland, US  Nikonian since 18th Dec 2004 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:54 PM
546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Once, a long time ago, oh in the PS7 era, I had the problem and it was easily solved with a phone call. That was before on-line help became possible and the critical path through the screens became just a bowl of spaghetti. However, there is this link on the Help page that seems to address this problem and, miracle of miracles, includes a telephone number.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

Best,

Hendrik

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources   San Pedro Garza García, MX  Charter Member Sun 06-Jan-13 05:12 AM
35893 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Photoshop CS5.5 and other Adobe software - Help"
In response to Reply # 4

Karen, Rick, Hendrik
Thank you.
I'll use that phone number.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #9796 Previous topic | Next topic