Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9776
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?" Previous topic | Next topic
epdad Registered since 23rd Dec 2010Mon 31-Dec-12 01:37 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"

Eden Prairie, US

As a newbie to LR, I thought I'd spend some time this week on tutorials. There are lots of training modules around, but Lynda seems to cover lots of other software as well, that may be useful. Anyone here have experience with LR4 using lynda.com?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?
esantos Moderator
31st Dec 2012
elcee Silver Member
31st Dec 2012
epdad
01st Jan 2013
Tinkers Realm
01st Jan 2013
grosander Silver Member
02nd Jan 2013
jmmcg9 Gold Member
02nd Jan 2013
PAStime Silver Member
03rd Jan 2013
JBD90 Silver Member
11th Jan 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
11th Jan 2013

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Mon 31-Dec-12 05:27 PM
11665 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

I've used Lynda every now and then. Their video trainings are very well made and are effective.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Mon 31-Dec-12 11:25 PM
6302 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 1

Albuquerque, US

Lynda is $25-$37.50/month ($300+/yr)
Kelbytraining.com is $24.95/mon ($300/yr), or $199/yr, is Adobe and photography-centric
(and current; Lynda counts LR 1.3 in their totals) (just sayin')

Other great, free sites:
http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-lightroom-4/
http://tv.adobe.com/product/lightroom/
http://lightroomkillertips.com/

Should be in all LR users' bookmarks:
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

~LarryC (eLCee)

epdad Registered since 23rd Dec 2010Tue 01-Jan-13 01:21 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 2

Eden Prairie, US

Thanks for the links. Very helpful.

Tinkers Realm Registered since 24th Feb 2011Tue 01-Jan-13 04:08 PM
266 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 3

Pacific Wonderland!, US

I originally had a 1 yr subscription to Lynda and did learn but lately watch www.creativelive.com and a few instructors on there gave excellent training in LR- they are free when live or can be purchased afterwards for reviewing.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

www.TinkersRealm.com

grosander Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2009Wed 02-Jan-13 12:04 AM
188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 0

Lancaster, US

I used it for a month and got a lot of value with high-quality training. It probably included 8 to 12 tutorials. Most were in light room, but some were in Photoshop. I really liked the broad selection. The other thing I like is that you only have to pay for a month. I plan to reopen my subscription when I get a free month where I can really concentrate.
Glenn

jmmcg9 Gold Member Charter MemberWed 02-Jan-13 11:42 PM
257 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 0

Austin, US

FYI, the NAPP site just added LR4 and Photoshop CS6 Training. I haven't tried the LR4 training yet, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the CS6 training. I assumed they were just adding some of their Kelby Training basic videos to NAPP as a "trial" to entice new Kelby Training memberships. But it turns out the material is all new. I consider myself well versed in Photoshop, but I still found this training offered great tips and a was a good refresher course. NAPP membership is only about $99 a year, so this may be a cheaper option. Plus they have tons of tutorials. Here is a link:
http://members.photoshopuser.com

Cheers, Joe Mac
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_mac_1/

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Thu 03-Jan-13 02:00 AM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 6
Thu 03-Jan-13 12:39 PM by PAStime

Kingston, CA

>http://members.photoshopuser.com

Interesting site. Just got turned off however with the 30% premium on Canadian memberships ($129 instead of $99). What's up with that? I can't see how they could justify it. I was going to send them a friendly comment but it seems their contact us web page is down. Peter

JBD90 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Fri 11-Jan-13 09:16 PM
164 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 7

US

I am using Lynda.com now. The tutorials are clear and in small sections. Easy to go back and view one twice and then move on. average 5 minutes each. they go over one point and move on to the next in a topic by topic manner. JB

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 11-Jan-13 09:55 PM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Anyone use Lynda.om for training in LR4?"
In response to Reply # 8

Jackson, US

I am a big fan of both Lynda.com and KelbyTraining.com. I have a yearly subscription to both.

Chris Orwig teaches most of the Lynda tutorials on LR along with very well done titles on using Photoshop with photos. I like his teaching style. He teaches at the Brooks Institute.

Matt Kloskowski teaches most of the LR tutorials at Kelby.

It is interesting to watch both versions from the two instructors as both bring different perspectives, techniques, and philosophies.

The beauty of both is the option to bookmark favorite tutorials and being able to go back and watch any tutorial at any time.

The local Art Center had a five or six week class on Lightroom a long time ago. The cost was about $200. For that same amount, I learned so much more and so much faster with Lynda.com.

Hope this helps,

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9776 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.