Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9768
View in linear mode

Subject: "Organizing Order of Images for Slideshow in LR4" Previous topic | Next topic
Britbear Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2002Sun 30-Dec-12 07:55 PM
437 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Organizing Order of Images for Slideshow in LR4"

Suburban Chicago, US

Hi all,

I have imported the images I want into a library, then added key words to each photo. The order of the images is as they were arranged prior to import without any ID except file number. Is there an easy way to reorganize the flow of images for a slideshow by a key word sort so that all the New York images, all Chicago images, etc. are reorganized together? Sorting seems to include lots of options but none that include an added key word.

Thanks for any help here.

Barbara
Facebook.com/Barbara.Colbert2
My Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

robcran Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sun 30-Dec-12 10:47 PM
776 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Organizing Order of Images for Slideshow in LR4"
In response to Reply # 0

Westleigh, AU

Hi Barbara,

To do any organising into a desired order the images will need to be placed into a collection first. Once in a collection you can drag and drop individual, or selected groups, of images into any order you want them. However I have not tried sorting within a collection to know if that works or whether there is a sort by keyword option.

If you want captions to appear in your slideshow you will have to put the text you want into the Caption field of the metadata. Then start your slideshow preparation with Lightroom's "Exif Metadata" template in the Slideshow module. You will need to then modify and/or delete some of the Exif fields that come with this template, but the template is a good starting point.

Robert
Sydney Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9768 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.