Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9765
View in linear mode

Subject: "Something wrong with my PhotoMerge CS4 Win 7 64" Previous topic | Next topic
cutupguy Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2008Sun 30-Dec-12 05:32 PM
92 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Something wrong with my PhotoMerge CS4 Win 7 64"

Tualatin, US

I have used photomerge in the past with success, but now it's not working right. Any ideas? See attached screenshots.

Windows 7 64, CS4 64

I highlighted the files in Bridge, >Tools - >Photoshop - >Photomerge

Using the Photomerge defaults or not, I get similar results.

Thanks!

Al

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

scenicshutterbug Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2008Sun 30-Dec-12 08:01 PM
896 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Something wrong with my PhotoMerge CS4 Win 7 64"
In response to Reply # 0

Richland, US

Al,

It looks to me like Photoshop is trying to align the images rather than create a stitched panorama. It doesn't seem to be able to determine enough areas of commonality to line them up, so it is masking out entire images. There is a lot of complexity in those shots, and that might be contributing to the problem. You might want to try working with only two or three images at a time at first and see if that makes a difference.

Have you tried bringing the images into photoshop and then use the Edit>Auto-Align Layers function?

Karen

cutupguy Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2008Mon 31-Dec-12 01:35 AM
92 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Something wrong with my PhotoMerge CS4 Win 7 64"
In response to Reply # 1

Tualatin, US

Thanks, Karen, I think you are right: the problem is with the images. I was just fooling around and don't really have to merge them for a project or client. I did try as you suggest and bring them in as layers, then edit-align layers and it acted the same way, even with just two images.

I guess Adobe never expected someone to make a panorama of dirty dishes

Have a very Happy New Year!

Al

scenicshutterbug Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2008Mon 31-Dec-12 01:18 PM
896 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Something wrong with my PhotoMerge CS4 Win 7 64"
In response to Reply # 2

Richland, US

Hi Al,

It is an unusual choice of subject! It looks a bit like the dishes were rearranged in the different images. It also might help if there was a bit more overlap between the shots.

Thanks for the good wishes. Happy New Year to you too!

Karen

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9765 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.