Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9688
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lightroom default export folder" Previous topic | Next topic
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007Mon 24-Dec-12 12:13 AM
3288 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lightroom default export folder"
Mon 24-Dec-12 02:16 PM by bobpilot

Washington, US

The arrow in this screen shot points to the folder I am asking about.

Is it the last folder used? That would be fine, but then why does mine change to a folder that no longer exists on my drive? It seems to stay on the last folder for a while then sift to this non-existent folder?

How can I never have it point to the non-existent folder? I am annoyed every time I see it do this.

Edit to show image. The arrow didn't make it. The line "Folder" is what I am referring to.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Mon 24-Dec-12 01:50 PM
3294 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lightroom default export folder"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

There is no screen shot posted. LR always uses the last folder I have chosen for the export destination.

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007Mon 24-Dec-12 02:20 PM
3288 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Lightroom default export folder"
In response to Reply # 1

Washington, US

Added the screen shot

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Mon 24-Dec-12 01:55 PM
1033 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lightroom default export folder"
In response to Reply # 0

Swisher, US

Do you have any Export presets that might point to the non-existing folder? That would be one way this behavior could happen.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007Mon 24-Dec-12 02:19 PM
#3. "RE: Lightroom default export folder"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon 24-Dec-12 02:39 PM by bobpilot

Washington, US

I have no export presets that I am aware of.

After an export last night, when I started LR this morning, it shows the last folder I designated as the the destination for the export.

It will, if past behavior is repeated, revert to the non-existent folder.

Yup, after going through the options at the arrow at the big 'Export to:' tab at the top of the export page, it now shows the non-existant folder.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9688 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.