Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9636
View in linear mode

Subject: "photo composites" Previous topic | Next topic
nikonuser100 Registered since 19th Feb 2009Sat 22-Dec-12 12:16 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"photo composites"

US

Hello Nikonians. I am trying to learn about photo composites. I have images that I would like to place into other photos. Please recommend any books or other means of learning. I currently use Aperture and Photoshop Elements 9. I cannot seem to find anything much on this topic. Probably looking in the wrong places. Thanks, Michael.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: photo composites
KenLPhotos Gold Member
22nd Dec 2012
nikonuser100
22nd Dec 2012
quenton8 Silver Member
22nd Dec 2012
nikonuser100
22nd Dec 2012
blw Moderator
22nd Dec 2012
nikonuser100
22nd Dec 2012
prreid Silver Member
23rd Dec 2012
Reply message merge
nikonuser100
23rd Dec 2012

KenLPhotos Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sat 22-Dec-12 02:27 PM
1404 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: photo composites"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 22-Dec-12 02:28 PM by KenLPhotos

Stewartstown, US

I am not sure what your final objective is but to try something, load a large and a small image in Elements, select and 'copy' the smaller one and 'paste' onto the larger one. The small one may be moved around, rotated etc. This may or may not work for what you are intending.

KenL

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

There are many 'images of beautiful objects' but few 'beautiful images of objects'.

nikonuser100 Registered since 19th Feb 2009Sat 22-Dec-12 07:04 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: photo composites"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks. I will try that. Michael

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Sat 22-Dec-12 03:17 PM
1218 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: photo composites"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

So you can create composites (one main image and a couple of overlayed smaller images), or you can create collages -- many images arranged in some manner.

The best way to find out how is to search on the web for
- photoshop elements composite images
- photoshop elements collage

You may need to look at more than one article to find one that is easy to follow -- that is what I did a year ago to create a collage for a photo album for our Church.

----
Dennis Smith.

nikonuser100 Registered since 19th Feb 2009Sat 22-Dec-12 07:03 PM
#3. "RE: photo composites"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks for the reply. Is photoshop elements the only only source you came across during your collage creation?

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Sat 22-Dec-12 09:39 PM
26564 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: photo composites"
In response to Reply # 3

Richmond, US

I'd look for photoshop - not elements - and compositing. Most users who do compositing use full photoshop. But as it turns out, lots of that capability is in Elements too.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

nikonuser100 Registered since 19th Feb 2009Sat 22-Dec-12 11:05 PM
#6. "RE: photo composites"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Thanks for the reply. I will look at both although full photoshop is too much overkill for what I do with the images. Michael

prreid Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2012Sun 23-Dec-12 05:01 PM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: photo composites"
In response to Reply # 0

Naples, US

As previously written, Photoshop (vs. Photoshop Elements) is probably a much stronger piece of software for use in compositing--although it costs a lot more.

Nevertheless, a book I can recommend is Photo Compositing Secrets by Matt Kloskowski (ISBN 10: 0-321-80823-1; ISBN 13: 987-0-321-80823-3. There are many others, but I have found this one to be pretty good and you are able to download practice (exercise) images.

nikonuser100 Registered since 19th Feb 2009Sun 23-Dec-12 07:43 PM
#8. "merge"
In response to Reply # 7

US

I will take a look at the book. Sounds like it is right on the mark. Thanks and have a good holiday.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9636 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.