Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9285
View in linear mode

Subject: "problem with RAW files?" Previous topic | Next topic
Carmen Tulum Registered since 09th Nov 2012Thu 15-Nov-12 08:40 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"problem with RAW files?"

Toronto, CA

I recently took a batch of photo's on 3 memory cards in RAW + jpg. (with my D80) The RAW pictures were all depleted of red and could not be adjusted as I would normally do afterwards- the sliders for vibrance & saturation moved, but did not add any red.
What happened and what should I do to avoid this in the future?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Fri 16-Nov-12 03:33 AM
2999 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: problem with RAW files?"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

Did you have some sort of preset on your import that de-saturated the red?

What software are you using?

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing. Nikonian since 07th Nov 2006Fri 16-Nov-12 12:42 PM
1254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: problem with RAW files?"
In response to Reply # 0

Kleinburg, CA

If this happened only once my first guess would be 1 a camera processor glitch which has corrected itself or 2 something in the way they were imported but I can't imagine what.

If the bad batch was shot in one continuous session it's possible cycling the power on the camera cleared the condition.

Perhaps someone else here has seen this happen?

Barry
http://art2printimages.com

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Fri 16-Nov-12 05:30 PM
6212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: problem with RAW files?"
In response to Reply # 2

Albuquerque, US

I agree with Diane about some sort of import preset. I doubt that the camera
desaturated the red channel.
"Saturation and Vibrance" mentioned together make me think of what happens when you
click on Vibrance in CS5 -- you gain access Vibrance and Saturation sliders.
Whether PS or LR, the "shotgun approach" could be to delete Preferences (*if* that deletes presets!).

~LarryC (eLCee)

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 16-Nov-12 07:51 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: problem with RAW files?"
In response to Reply # 3

Chicago, US

See "RAW files without red" for more post about this topic.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9285 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.