nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9277
View in linear mode

Subject: "Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2" Previous topic | Next topic
dalafleur Registered since 02nd May 2007Wed 14-Nov-12 08:35 PM
42 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"

US

I recently acquired a new computer and, after much ado, hired a tech who, I believe, sucessfully migrated my catalogs, preferences and presets from the old to the new machine. After the transition, I noted that my Identity Plate font had changed. I followed the instructions for doing so in Scott Kelby's book on LR4 and found that while the font setting read, "Edwarian Script IPT" the font was in a block style. When I clicked on the font drop down box to change it to Edwarian, I could no longer find this style in the list. I experienced the same problem when trying to switch back my Watermark; Edwarian Script did not appear on the list.

Was Edwarian scrapped in an updated version of LR4 or is there something I'm not doing to get my favorite font style? As always your help is greatly appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
14th Nov 2012
jimsanders Silver Member
18th Nov 2012
dalafleur
19th Nov 2012
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
19th Nov 2012
dalafleur
19th Nov 2012
coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
21st Nov 2012
jimsanders Silver Member
21st Nov 2012

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 14-Nov-12 08:48 PM
26952 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

Probably you obtained that font with some software that has not been installed on your new system (yet). It's been too many years since I've used Windows seriously, but my impression is that you might be able to extract the .ttf file from the old system and install it on the new system - and then the font will be available to you.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Sun 18-Nov-12 01:43 PM
955 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 18-Nov-12 01:43 PM by jimsanders

Buffalo, US

Just copy the font to the Font Directory located at C:\Windows\Fonts which will install it for the system to use. As Brian already said, fonts have the .TTF extension. Your old system, if functional, is a good source for the font. Copy it to a jump drive (USB drive).

If for some reason this does not install the font for use, check this article from Microsoft:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Install-or-uninstall-fonts

dalafleur Registered since 02nd May 2007Mon 19-Nov-12 03:32 PM
42 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"
In response to Reply # 2

US

It's so embarrasing to admit just how I'm all thumbs when it comes to the very basics of computer operation but thanks to ya'll's help I fumbled around and was successful in installing the font from the old machine. I'll say it again, it took some doing! One more time the wonderful folks at Nikonians have saved the day. Without a doubt this is the finest organization I've ever been affiliated with.

Doug

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Mon 19-Nov-12 04:17 PM
26952 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"
In response to Reply # 3

Richmond, US

> It's so embarrasing to admit just how I'm all thumbs when it comes to the very basics of computer operation

Don't worry about that. You should have seen me trying to set up a wet darkroom a few years ago. Talk about the blind leading the blind - in the dark!!!

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

dalafleur Registered since 02nd May 2007Mon 19-Nov-12 05:36 PM
#5. "RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"
In response to Reply # 4

US

And there are two of ua??? Anyway, took a look at your gallery. Really nice and interesting composition and, in some, timing was perfect! Enjoyed your B&Ws especially. Also loved the street photo with the handler having a bit of a time with his dog who was having an intense moment with the driver.

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 01st Dec 2011Wed 21-Nov-12 02:05 PM
3164 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"
In response to Reply # 2

McEwen, US

Thanks for posting this tip. I have LR on 2 computers and could not get my watermark to look the same on both. This explains it, and how to fix it!

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Wed 21-Nov-12 02:14 PM
955 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Identity Plates and Watermarks in LR 4.2"
In response to Reply # 6

Buffalo, US

Glad it helped both you and the OP.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9277 Previous topic | Next topic