nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9249
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adobe DNG Profile Editor" Previous topic | Next topic
alty02 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004Sun 11-Nov-12 08:32 PM
966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Adobe DNG Profile Editor"

Famous Treasure Valley, US

Do any Nikonians make use of the Adobe DNG Profile Editor?

I saw a KelbyTraining video and it was mentioned there. From the Adobe website the Editor was updated a couple of months ago and is now shown as v1.0.4, but after downloading the program it still shows as v1.0.0.46 (beta).

Just confused about that part, and also about the fact that the option to quit the program
is grayed out! In order to close it I have to do a 'force quit' each time! What's that about??

Think I'll stay away from DNG's just yet.

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sun 11-Nov-12 09:12 PM
14876 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Adobe DNG Profile Editor"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

I've used it for several years. The profiles it generates work with NEFs and DNGs, not just DNGs. It works well, although there's a bug in the current beta that causes the problem you saw unless you actually loaded a DNG file and used the program.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Sun 11-Nov-12 10:39 PM
5520 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Adobe DNG Profile Editor"
In response to Reply # 0

Paris, FR

As Rick said, I usually convert one or two NEFs in DNG to use Profile editor !
I use it to have some different profiles then the usual ones for my camera, or to convert from one camera to another...

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

alty02 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004Sun 11-Nov-12 10:57 PM
966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Adobe DNG Profile Editor"
In response to Reply # 0

Famous Treasure Valley, US

Good to know!

I thank you both for the info!

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #9249 Previous topic | Next topic