nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #9130
View in linear mode

Subject: "Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4" Previous topic | Next topic
alty02 Silver Member  Famous Treasure Valley, US  Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004 Thu 25-Oct-12 08:01 PM
966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4"

HELP! I don't know why but today the localized tools in the Develop module (crop, spot removal, grad. filter, adj. brush) are not working as expected. The following are the symptoms and I suspect there is a setting that may have changed that I'm not aware of.

I'll try to put it into words. I even tried a screen capture to post here but it doesn't include the cursor, so that didn't work.

Here's an example of the symptoms - when I select the spot removal tool it looks normal only over a small portion of the image, maybe half or less. As I slowly move the brush over the image, at certain places on the photo the round brush shape changes to a small arrow (like it's pointing to a boundary of some kind). And when I continue to move that arrow in the same direction for a very small distance, it changes shape again but this time to a normal mouse cursor (like it's hovering over a menu instead of the photo).

That's an example using the spot removal tool, but the symptoms are the same with the other tools, as well.

Do any of you LR experts have an idea of what's going on? It's gotta be a simple fix, but this simple-mind hasn't seen this before!

Thanks, all.

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4 Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.
25th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4 alty02 Silver Member
25th Oct 2012
     Reply message RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4 Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest
25th Oct 2012
          Reply message RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4 alty02 Silver Member
26th Oct 2012
26th Oct 2012

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.   Vantaa, FI  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009 Thu 25-Oct-12 08:06 PM
2584 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4"
In response to Reply # 0

If the spot removal tool starts to resemble an arrow, methinks it means that the cursor is approaching an existing spot removal location.

Regards, Antero

alty02 Silver Member  Famous Treasure Valley, US  Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004 Thu 25-Oct-12 11:21 PM
966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks, Antero. But there are no prior spot removal indicators on the image. If there were, wouldn't they be displayed?

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest   US  Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007 Thu 25-Oct-12 11:27 PM
6741 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4"
In response to Reply # 2

Hi MarcR,

I get that same kind of behavior ever since 4 came out. Although it is not right it is not effecting anything so I just ignore it. I keep think the next update will take care of it but so far not.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

alty02 Silver Member  Famous Treasure Valley, US  Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004 Fri 26-Oct-12 03:18 AM
#4. "RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 26-Oct-12 03:21 AM by alty02

Hi Scott. I've had LR4 since it was released and it just started acting this way today. Something must have changed but I can't imagine what it could be.

This is now preventing me from being able to use those tools.

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

alty02 Silver Member  Famous Treasure Valley, US  Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004 Fri 26-Oct-12 07:54 AM
#5. "RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4"
In response to Reply # 0

Update: I had saved the LR4 installer and after reloading the program the tools are again working as they should. It was frustrating here for awhile but I can now say that my blood pressure is back to normal again!

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #9130 Previous topic | Next topic