nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
alty02

Famous Treasure Valley, US
969 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
alty02 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jul 2004
Thu 25-Oct-12 08:01 PM

HELP! I don't know why but today the localized tools in the Develop module (crop, spot removal, grad. filter, adj. brush) are not working as expected. The following are the symptoms and I suspect there is a setting that may have changed that I'm not aware of.

I'll try to put it into words. I even tried a screen capture to post here but it doesn't include the cursor, so that didn't work.

Here's an example of the symptoms - when I select the spot removal tool it looks normal only over a small portion of the image, maybe half or less. As I slowly move the brush over the image, at certain places on the photo the round brush shape changes to a small arrow (like it's pointing to a boundary of some kind). And when I continue to move that arrow in the same direction for a very small distance, it changes shape again but this time to a normal mouse cursor (like it's hovering over a menu instead of the photo).

That's an example using the spot removal tool, but the symptoms are the same with the other tools, as well.

Do any of you LR experts have an idea of what's going on? It's gotta be a simple fix, but this simple-mind hasn't seen this before!

Thanks, all.

MarcR
Treasure Valley, ID
My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Develop tools have strange behavior in LR4

G