nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dgs2

San Francisco, US
711 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dgs2 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2004
Mon 15-Oct-12 06:56 PM

OK, I have used Photoshop since 2003. Added NX 2 in 2006, and various other software/plugins from mostly Nik. So I'm not exactly new at this. When Apple released Aperture on the App store, I bought it at the $79 price, since it seemed a bargain to try. I used Aperture quite a bit and liked it. However, I still think NX 2 does the best job with NEF files. Recently, I read a lot about LR 4 and tried it. It seemed to do a better job with RAW conversion (almost all that I shoot) than Aperture so I decided to try to switch. However, I just cannot get used to the work flow/interface. I've purchased Victoria Brampton's and Scott Kelby's books, but the LR 4 UI does just not seem as intuitive as Aperture or as familiar as Photoshop or NX 2. I just came back from Yellowstone with 2000+ photos and was hoping to run most of them through LR 4, but after a long and frustrating day, yesterday, I'm about to give up. The latest version of Aperture seems to have improved the RAW conversion for my D7000 files and I feel a lot more comfortable using it. Long-term, I still wonder about Apple's and Nikon's commitment to their respective Apps, which is why I wanted to switch to LR 4. Maybe I should just stick with what works for me and wait until I'm forced to switch? Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

dgs

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: LR 4 - What am I missing?
                         Reply message Try These DVD's

G