Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #8871
View in linear mode

Subject: "BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?" Previous topic | Next topic
largebore Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2011Sat 29-Sep-12 06:01 PM
623 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"

Clarks Summit, US

What are the favorite online training courses for Elements 9.
I see many are available, but it is very hard to judge, so looking for those with personal experience for a recomendation.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?
Johnnycbtx
28th Nov 2012
ruleboy Silver Member
27th Dec 2012
jimsanders Silver Member
27th Dec 2012
ruleboy Silver Member
27th Dec 2012
PAStime Silver Member
28th Dec 2012
ruleboy Silver Member
28th Dec 2012
PAStime Silver Member
28th Dec 2012
jimsanders Silver Member
29th Dec 2012
ruleboy Silver Member
29th Dec 2012

Johnnycbtx Registered since 20th Nov 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 01:57 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

kelbytraining.com

ruleboy Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2011Thu 27-Dec-12 04:57 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Palm City, US

I am a complete newbie to PSE9 and post processing in general for that matter.

I bought PSE9 a couple of years ago, installed it successfully and have made several attempts to learn to use it including buying a couple of books like Photoshop Elements 9 for Dummies. I usually don't consider myself a "dummie" but must admit I am dumbfounded trying to learn this program. I knew before I bought it that it was a difficult learn but WOW. I consider myself computer savvy and am a whiz at Exel so it is very frustrating not knowing even where to start with PSE9..

I have the same question as largebore. What is the best online beginner course for PSE9? Unfortunately only one Nikonian answered his question before. Is there a big difference between Scott Kelby's company and Bryan Petersen's?

Any response greatly appreciated.

Ruleboy

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Thu 27-Dec-12 05:13 PM
935 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Buffalo, US

I am a fan of http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/ . If you subscribe, one of the discs you will receive is called "Learn Photoshop Elements Today." There are over 4 hours of videos in categories: Introduction; The Toolbox; Working with Layers; Enhancing your Images; Using the Organizer.

I also like receiving a hard-copy magazine every other month. The January/February 2013 issue is 35 pages of tips and techniques, although some of them are not Elements-specific. For example, one article is about Photographing in Snow.

You also get web-based videos and articles available to subscribers only.

Try the free starter kit; you have nothing to lose. It's available at the website mentioned above.

ruleboy Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2011Thu 27-Dec-12 05:48 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 3

Palm City, US

Thanks, Jim, for the quick response and website link. I was unaware of it. I'll definitely check it out.

If other Nikonians have other ideas, I would appreciate hearing them.

Ruleboy

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Fri 28-Dec-12 02:53 AM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 4

Kingston, CA

>If other Nikonians have other ideas, I would appreciate
>hearing them.

I just installed PSE 8 (came with a Wacom Bamboo tablet) and PSE 11 on my daughter's computer. I haven't used either very much so my advice may be misleading. In PSE 11 I see three modes, something like Basic, Guided, and Expert. Basic and Guided were quite friendly. You can perform image operations but not need to understand layers. Guided mode walks you through the editing steps. If you switch to Expert at any time, layers used are exposed and one can modify those.

So my ten cents is to consider PSE 11. Perhaps get a trial version at no cost.

Peter

ruleboy Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2011Fri 28-Dec-12 11:46 AM
#6. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 5

Palm City, US

Thanks, Peter. How do you access the "modes"? They might be unique to PSE 11.

Ruleboy

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Fri 28-Dec-12 03:29 PM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 6

Kingston, CA

>Thanks, Peter. How do you access the "modes"?
>They might be unique to PSE 11.

I believe these modes were introduced in PSE 11.

Peter

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Sat 29-Dec-12 04:10 PM
935 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 7

Buffalo, US

In version 9 the "modes" are called Full, Quick and Guided. They are available in the Editor near the top right side.

ruleboy Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2011Sat 29-Dec-12 04:33 PM
#9. "RE: BEST PSE 9 ONLINE TRAINING ?"
In response to Reply # 8

Palm City, US

Thanks, Jim. Good tip.

Ruleboy

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #8871 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.