Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #8160
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cant delete in Bridge" Previous topic | Next topic
francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Tue 10-Jul-12 02:24 AM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Cant delete in Bridge"

Monroe, US

I put all my photos on a passport external harddrive and do it through bridge. In the last week I have noticed when I right click on a picture there is no option for deleting, so I have been using the delete button on the keyboard, but it wont delete. If I go to older files I have no problem. Can anyone help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Tue 10-Jul-12 06:09 AM
6034 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cant delete in Bridge"
In response to Reply # 0

Albuquerque, US

"Older files" on the external drive, Francine?? I'd guess that it's a permissions issue --
the files are somehow seen as Read Only. Do you move the drive between a PC and a Mac,
by any chance?

And of course, the Last Ditch fix is to delete Bridge Preferences.
http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2009/10/resetting_bridges_preferences.html

~LarryC (eLCee)

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Wed 11-Jul-12 12:57 AM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Cant delete in Bridge"
In response to Reply # 1

Monroe, US

I use a Dell Vostro. this issue only happpens with files I have saved in the last week or so. I am thinking I have to reinstall CS5.
I can openfiles in RAW and delect a picture on the left and hit the delete buttom on the keyboard and when I hitdone the file will delete but not if I right click on the picture in bridge. My previous pictures that are on there I can right click and the choice for delete is there and I have no problem.

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Wed 11-Jul-12 05:42 PM
6034 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Cant delete in Bridge"
In response to Reply # 2

Albuquerque, US

As I understand, Bridge stores previews that point to the file location. I'd guess that the file
cannot be found by Bridge. Your drive letter may have changed when unplugging and
replugging the drive, so the files are lost. A guess.

To dis/prove my theory, right-click on a file that you can't delete. Look for an option
that will show you the file in your file browser (on my Mac, the option is 'Reveal in Finder;'
Win7,Photoshop Elements is 'Reveal in Explorer;' I expect Bridge is similar).

I'd reset Preferences before reinstalling.

~LarryC (eLCee)

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Wed 11-Jul-12 11:43 PM
#4. "RE: Cant delete in Bridge"
In response to Reply # 3

Monroe, US

I will check it out

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #8160 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.