Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #14323
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need Advice On Aligning Text in Photoshop CC" Previous topic | Next topic
Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Tue 22-Apr-14 12:57 AM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Need Advice On Aligning Text in Photoshop CC"

Aventura, US

I am making a poster that has 12 images arranged in 3 columns and 4 rows. I would like to put a caption under each image. How do I align the text so that in each column, the text is horizontally centered in that column, under its associated image. Hope I am being clear.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Tue 22-Apr-14 06:47 AM
6612 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Need Advice On Aligning Text in Photoshop CC"
In response to Reply # 0

Albuquerque, US

Let's see if I can explain, Steve. This method will align captions and photos!

1. select your photos and captions
    (PC: Alt-click
    Mac: command-click on each layer -- photo and text -- in the Layers panel)
  2. on the PS toolbar, select 'align horizontal centers'
  3. deselect the first column's layers
  4. select the captions and images of the second layer; repeat step 1-3
  5. repeat for the last column

~LarryC (eLCee)

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Tue 22-Apr-14 12:39 PM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Need Advice On Aligning Text in Photoshop CC"
In response to Reply # 1

Aventura, US

Thank you Larry. That was exactly on point. It worked great!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Tue 22-Apr-14 03:37 PM
11806 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Need Advice On Aligning Text in Photoshop CC"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

Larry gave you a great tip. I would like to add that when selecting a series of layers that are in sequence in the layers palette you can also Shift-Click (Windows - not sure if that is the same for Mac) the first and last layer and it will select all the layers in the series. Just makes it a little faster than Alt-Clicking each layer, one at a time.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Tue 22-Apr-14 07:01 PM
6612 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Need Advice On Aligning Text in Photoshop CC"
In response to Reply # 3

Albuquerque, US

Good added tip, Ernesto. I intentionally left it out, in case Steve's layers weren't contiguous.

~LarryC (eLCee)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #14323 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.