nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
scouserhunter

AU
25 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
scouserhunter Registered since 02nd Apr 2014
Sat 19-Apr-14 07:29 PM | edited Sun 20-Apr-14 12:05 AM by scouserhunter

i havent been doing photography long and im about to attempt some photoshop work for the first time

i like landscapes and ive learned a bit about a few of the tools in photoshop but im not quite sure about what to look for in my photos to polish my shots, or even if they need much processing work at all

what im thinking at the moment:
in the first photo i think i will just sharpen the base of the tree where it is slightly out of focus

in the second photo i want to lighten the branches just slightly to bring it out of the background a bit more, but without losing the dark mood of the photo, and i will get rid of the tree leaves in the bottom left hand corner

these are the jpeg's straight from the camera so i know i will have to adjust white balance etc in the raw file, but any other suggestions and advice would help me learn as i experiment and get to know my style

D5200
nikkor DX 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 VR

photo 1: 16mm f/7.1 30sec ISO100
photo 2: 22mm f/3.8 10sec ISO100

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

G