nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #14299
View in linear mode

Subject: "CS6 not working properly" Previous topic | Next topic
J W Seaman Silver Member  Dundas, CA  Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2002 Fri 18-Apr-14 04:12 AM
88 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CS6 not working properly"

All of a sudden my CS6 (not the cloud version) is not working properly. Until a few days ago I could access all of my raw (NEF) files, both those from my digital DSLR's and those that were originally slides that I transferred to digital format through my Nikon film scanner and have them show as pictures in Bridge. Now all of those that were originally slides show up as blank (solid white) while those taken with my digital cameras show up normally. Oddly, when I double click on the blank (white) raw (NEF) icons the original picture shows up in raw format so I can still process them. But when I cancel the raw file it returns to a blank file. Since I have hundreds of these, it becomes difficult finding any specific picture. Can anybody help me? Have I inadvertently changed a setting in CS6 or should I simply delete CS6 from my computer and then reload it?

John S
Dundas, Ontario

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: CS6 not working properly elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement
18th Apr 2014
Reply message RE: CS6 not working properly J W Seaman Silver Member
18th Apr 2014
     Reply message RE: CS6 not working properly elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement
20th Apr 2014
          Reply message RE: CS6 not working properly Richcower
29th Apr 2014
29th Apr 2014

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement   Albuquerque, US  Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005 Fri 18-Apr-14 06:21 AM
6983 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CS6 not working properly"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 20-Apr-14 06:03 AM by elcee

Not to worry, John -- this bug has been present in Photoshop since I can remember.
I've used PS since PS7; I believe I first encountered this issue in PSCS.

Your thumbnails that PS displays in Bridge -- small copies, built for speed in displaying -- have been trashed, moved or lost.
To rebuild the cache, see my screenshot (from PS CC; should look the same as your CS6) and read this Adobe webpage about purging Bridge's cache:
http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/adobe-bridge-cache.html

~LarryC (eLCee)

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

J W Seaman Silver Member  Dundas, CA  Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2002 Fri 18-Apr-14 05:12 PM
88 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CS6 not working properly"
In response to Reply # 1

Hi LarryC

I purged the cache, but it did nothing. Also clicked on my camera raw preferences and nothing came up. I beginning to suspect that my CS6 has been corrupted. Thanks anyway. And if you have any other suggestions, please let me know. If I cannot figure this out, I will try reinstalling CS6.

John S
Dundas, Ontario

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement   Albuquerque, US  Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005 Sun 20-Apr-14 06:08 AM
6983 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CS6 not working properly"
In response to Reply # 2

No thumbnails, even after purge + restart? Odd.

"delete CS6 from my computer and then reload it?"
I'm not sure uninstalling will fix the problem, but it can't hurt?

~LarryC (eLCee)

Richcower   US  Registered since 22nd Jan 2013 Tue 29-Apr-14 03:26 PM
264 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: CS6 not working properly"
In response to Reply # 3

Purge didn't work for me either. My problem is only with images from my AW1. Shooting in both RAW and fine JPEG with my AW1, when I put the card in the reader and download the images using Adobe Photo Downloader, the NEF files are black in the thumbnails in Adobe Bridge. I can view the NEF files by clicking on the black images and opening Camera Raw 8.4.1. JPEG's are viewable in the thumbnails and look normal.

I tried the same thing using my D800, both the JPEG and the NEF file are viewable in Bridge.

Anyone know why this is happening with the AW1 files? My SW is up to date, using Adobe CC.

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement   Albuquerque, US  Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005 Tue 29-Apr-14 05:11 PM
#5. "RE: CS6 not working properly"
In response to Reply # 4

ACR 8.3 brought in AW1 support, so ACR shouldn't be a problem.
I saw a related (?) post on Apple Support, saying that Mavericks wouldn't show previews in Finder,
but that poster had no problems in Bridge. Irritating mystery.

~LarryC (eLCee)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #14299 Previous topic | Next topic