Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #14234
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lightroom 5.4 Now Available" Previous topic | Next topic
Four_Brad Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Mar 2013Tue 08-Apr-14 10:28 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"

Ottawa, CA

I noticed Lightroom 5.4 is now available:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5740&fileID=5772
(April 8, 2014)

The release includes support for Lightroom mobile, additional camera raw support, lens profile support and some bugs fixes.

Will this be the last update for Lightroom 5, as Adobe prepares for Lightroom CC?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available
PBlais Silver Member
09th Apr 2014
TonyJ Silver Member
09th Apr 2014
elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement
09th Apr 2014
Blufox Silver Member
12th Apr 2014
Blufox Silver Member
12th Apr 2014
robcran Silver Member
13th Apr 2014
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography
09th Apr 2014
shipsupt Platinum Member
09th Apr 2014
sabbey51 Gold Member
11th Apr 2014
hujiie Silver Member
13th Apr 2014

PBlais Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2014Wed 09-Apr-14 02:37 AM
770 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 0

Hayes, US

It has been CC for a long time now.LR is both retail and CC. It is the only one that I know o=f that it. One new feature is Lightroom Mobile. It's for the iPad and it is a CC feature for doing some workflow on the iPad and syncing between iCloud and the ipad and desktop. It uses collections so you can work in an iPad and then ave it sync back to the desktop.

TonyJ Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Sep 2004Wed 09-Apr-14 03:03 AM
1329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 1

Boulder, US

Premiere Pro CS6 is still available. $800 at B&H. ouch...

D800e l D600 l D700 l Nikon 1 V1 l N90s l AF-S 16-35 f4 l AF-S 24-85 f3.5-f4.5G VR l AF-S 70-200 f2.8G VRII l AF-S 50 f1.8G l AF-S 300 f4 l TC-14EII l TC-20EIII l 2x SB600 l Autometer IIIF.
http://tonyjohnsonphotos.com
https://www.facebook.com/tony.johnson.photography
My Nikonians Gallery

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Wed 09-Apr-14 06:28 AM
6610 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 2

Albuquerque, US

If you're not blessed to have an iPad, you can get rid of the Get Started reminder:

~LarryC (eLCee)

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Blufox Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2007Sat 12-Apr-14 04:21 AM
668 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 3

Nampa, US

>If you're not blessed to have an iPad, you can get rid of the
>Get Started reminder:

Thanks. So is it true that we can no longer have a custom header? I had one but it went *poof* with the latest update.
Larry

"Every moment in life is unique and will never be repeated. These are the moments that present the greatest opportunity for a photographer..."

Blufox Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2007Sat 12-Apr-14 04:23 AM
668 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 7

Nampa, US

Never mind, found it.
Larry

"Every moment in life is unique and will never be repeated. These are the moments that present the greatest opportunity for a photographer..."

robcran Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sun 13-Apr-14 05:03 AM
831 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 8

Westleigh, AU

What they don't tell you until you get to the App Store is that Lightroom Mobile requires iOS 7 or higher. I have a version 1 iPad, with no camera, where iOS 5 is the latest OS it runs.

I downloaded and installed LR 5.4 as I would have done anyway, mobile or no mobile. Then I activated my 30 day trial period. Only then did I go to download the iPad app then to find it requires iOS 7. So my 30 day trial is running but I can't use it without buying a new iPad. At some point Adobe made the decision that people with a non-camera iPad wouldn't be interested in LR mobile.

I probably should go out and buy a current iPad but there are not enough compelling reasons for me to do so yet.

Robert
Sydney Nikonian

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Wed 09-Apr-14 07:51 AM
9801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 0

Memphis, US

Being a new convert to LR and having joined up for the $10 CC Photographer package this was a pretty cool bonus. I have only played with it a bit on my iPad Mini but it does seem to be fairly powerful for a tablet app. Since I have not done collections yet I had to create a small one to play with you can not sync from your folders. I have pretty fast cable WiFi at home 30 Mbps to 50 Mbps and sync was not super fast I only sync'd 3 photos and it took just about 3 minutes.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

shipsupt Platinum Member Nikonian since 28th Dec 2006Wed 09-Apr-14 09:44 AM
656 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed 09-Apr-14 01:04 PM by shipsupt

UK

I've just started playing around with the mobile app as well. I'm not sure how/if it fits into my work flow other than it being fun to have some of my photos on the iPad.

I'm still fumbling around with it, but can you load photos on to the iPad and then have them synch the other direction -> back to LR from iPad? While not "speedy" this still might be useful at times.

sabbey51 Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2010Fri 11-Apr-14 10:14 PM
581 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 5
Fri 11-Apr-14 10:20 PM by sabbey51

Saddle river, US

Yes, it apparently does this. Here's a photo I imported onto my iPad using the Apple camera connection kit, imported into LR Mobile, and editted mildly (just a crop and Clarity adjustment). It sync'd to LR on my iMac while I was answering the phone. In LR it shows up in a Collection called "From LR mobile" (clever name).

I shoot Raw+Jpeg, and the sync'd file is a jpeg with the correct file name from the camera (which the iPad usually hides), and all of the non-destructive LR edits attached.

In the past, I've edited on the iPad while traveling so as to see what I shot, and to share with friends and family while we were away. I then had to redo the edits when I got home. To the extent that LR has adequate editing capability compared to the other tools I use on the iPad, this could be even more useful.

Scott

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009Sun 13-Apr-14 06:08 PM
558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Lightroom 5.4 Now Available"
In response to Reply # 6

US

I sometime shoot with my iPhone (not so much with iPad) when I do not have cameras. LR mobile is a big plus for me for that reasons, though I need to transfer it to iPad at the moment. I can not wait for iPhone version.

Also it is great tool to show the edited photos quickly through iPad mini.

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #14234 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.