nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Sun 30-Mar-14 04:13 PM

I want to create a renaming preset that reflects the name of the virtual copy, if the image uses one. I created this preset:

{Filename>>}_{Copy Name>>}

That works if the image is a virtual copy. It does not do what I want if the image is the master (not a virtual copy) because it leaves a "hanging delimiter" at the end. For example...

image.nef --> image_.nef
image_copy 1.nef --> image_copy1.nef

Is there a way to do this, using sime sort of conditional delimiter?

The reason this is important to me is that I am contemplating storing all my NEFs from a shoot in a single folder. In order to make that make sense to an outside app (such as my iMatch catalog app) I think I need a full res "buddy jpg" that reflects the LR edits to the master, as well as any virtual copies I make.

I absolutely DO NOT want to have to do two exports, one for masters and one for the virtual copies. There doesn't even seem to be a filter to do that (masters only or virtual copies only).

my Nikonians gallery.

G