nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
glxman

South Australia, AU
3884 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008
Fri 28-Mar-14 09:54 AM

Hi Guys,
Although I mainly use Aperture for my catalog and most of my raw processing, I do have a few plug-ins like, DxO, Nik Software and a few others,

I also have Adobe CC for those things that only PS does best

I was thinking of getting some stacking software like Helicon focus or Zerene Stacker but a friend pointed out that PS can do all this, including a pano stitch if I wanted

So, after consulting Dr YouTube, I thought I would have a go,
Went through the process and finally, the stacked image was done just perfect, but not without glitches in the final steps, "auto blend images and stack images" I got the coloured spinning beach ball, this spinning ball then froze, I then moved the cursor, and it would run again and the progress "snake", move along a little bit more

The above went on and on and I had to continually move the cursor to get things moving again

Are some parts of PS just glitchy?
I would have thought my iMac had enough under the hood to blitz this kind of stuff
My iMac specs,
iMac 2012
3.4 Ghz i7
OSX Mavericks up to date as 10.9.2
750GB SSD
32GB ram

I ran 2 stacks that worked a treat, one was 8 images and the other 12 images, but the dreaded SBBOD (spinning beach ball of death) each time

FWIW, all other edits in PS run as fast as I can click, its only when I try the stack that I have the problem, (haven't tried a stitch yet)

is dedicated software for stacking a better solution?
I should add, I am converting the NEF's to PSD for the process in PS
....Gary

I used to have a photographic memory but never got it developed

G