nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #14128
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!" Previous topic | Next topic
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 25-Mar-14 05:00 PM
3573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"

Dyserth, UK

I'm having some trouble with CC in that after a few days and on start up, a screen appear saying "your trial period is at an end please register or press continue trial". I press register, enter my username and password and a message appears saying some thing like I can now use Photoshop CC. In a few days time the same will happen again. I am ensuring that I am always logged into the Adobe Creative Cloud and my order status in Adobe shows a paid up account.

Has anyone else had this please and if so, what did you do to solve it?

Thanks

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validatio...
aolander Silver Member
25th Mar 2014
richardd300 Silver Member
25th Mar 2014
aolander Silver Member
25th Mar 2014
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
25th Mar 2014
25th Mar 2014
25th Mar 2014
26th Mar 2014

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Tue 25-Mar-14 07:01 PM
3366 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 25-Mar-14 07:01 PM by aolander

Nevis, US

This isn't exactly what you're describing but maybe you should take a look at it:

http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/bbs.cgi?a=vm&mr=76720&CGISESSID=a4d83243c021054aed291a6f0a31c9ef&u=2626

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 25-Mar-14 08:02 PM
3573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"
In response to Reply # 1

Dyserth, UK

Thanks. I think it probably is exactly what I want, however a problem!

The instructions for windows says to find the opm.db file in Windows: :\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE However, when I get as far as my "user name" I can find no "AppData" file or folder, so cannot advance towards \Local\Adobe\OOBE.

I am grateful and will continue to search for the opm.db file.

Richard

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Tue 25-Mar-14 08:38 PM
3366 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 25-Mar-14 08:46 PM by aolander

Nevis, US

The AppData file is a hidden file, I believe. I can't remember how to "show hidden folders". I'll work on it.

Edit:

If you have your "user name" folder open, click on "Organize" in the upper left, click on "Folder and search options", click the "View" tab, look in the "Advanced settings" list, and check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".

Alan

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 25-Mar-14 08:42 PM
7116 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"
In response to Reply # 2

Wethersfield, US

Just go into the location bar and enter:

\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Except use YourName

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 25-Mar-14 08:48 PM
#5. "RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"
In response to Reply # 4

Dyserth, UK

Brilliant found it now, thanks very much. I will give that a try

Richard

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 25-Mar-14 10:09 PM
#6. "RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"
In response to Reply # 5

Dyserth, UK

I've done that and CC has started ok. In the instructions it says to end the task AAA Updates notifier.exe, however I couldn't find that in processes so fingers crossed. I'll update tomorrow, but thanks both for now.

Richard

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Wed 26-Mar-14 09:30 PM
#7. "RE: Problem with PS CC which keeps asking for validation!"
In response to Reply # 6
Wed 26-Mar-14 09:37 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, UK

It worked, but now this is what I keep getting this in order, please see attachments. I guess I'll have to ask Adobe. My subscription is up to date, so why I am getting this I don't know. Then it will work and tomorrow all this will happen again!

Richard

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public) topic #14128 Previous topic | Next topic