nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #13009
View in linear mode

Subject: "Windows 8.1 and Photoshop 7" Previous topic | Next topic
LL49Wat   Spartanburg, US  Registered since 21st May 2004 Sun 01-Dec-13 02:56 AM
1687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Windows 8.1 and Photoshop 7"

Well, my Mac quit talking to my Epson printers.

I can't pay for service for the Mac just now, so I thought I would link the printers to my Windows 8.1 notebook and print from there. Adobe says my old Windows Photoshop 7 will sinc with the Windows 8.1 operating system, but I have had problems loading it onto the notebook.

Has anyone else done this?

I'm wondering if I should save myself the cost and time spent on technical support and just get a copy of Photoshop Elements Pro 12. I just want to be able to set up large prints. I do all my corrections on Photoshop CS4 on the Mac.

Wise comments will be appreciated.

LL49Wat

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional.   Vantaa, FI  Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009 Mon 02-Dec-13 12:21 AM
2578 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Windows 8.1 and Photoshop 7"
In response to Reply # 0

"Photoshop Elements Pro"?

When I searched for "Photoshop Elements Pro", in most hits the " Photoshop Elements" and "Pro" were disconnected, as in " Photoshop Elements: Pro tutorials". When I found a site that related to something called "Photoshop Elements Pro 12" and clicked on it, my antivirus program beeped three times and reported a detected trojan (malware lurking in a seemingly useful piece of software).

Regards, Antero

LL49Wat   Spartanburg, US  Registered since 21st May 2004 Wed 04-Dec-13 10:33 PM
1687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Windows 8.1 and Photoshop 7"
In response to Reply # 1

I was in a local computer/electronics box store and they were selling Photoshop Elements 12 and Photoshop Elements Pro 12.

I have no idea of what's in either program--the second one cost more. I have Photoshop Elements on my Mac, but it's probably Elements 5 or 6….whatever was appropriate for 2008.
I'm glad your computer caught the Trojan, especially since you were trying to help me.

LL49Wat

LL49Wat   Spartanburg, US  Registered since 21st May 2004 Wed 04-Dec-13 10:38 PM
#4. "RE: Windows 8.1 and Photoshop 7"
In response to Reply # 1

I have two Epson printers. The Epson Stylus Pro 2880 and a smaller NX420. About six months ago, the Mac stopped printing to either of these; when I tried to print, the Mac stated that the printer was disconnected. I tried to strip all the Epson files out of the Mac and reload, but that has not worked. My technical support for the Mac is out, so I will have to pay for technical support. I'd put that off because I was trying to get my little business going and was putting my limited funds into matting, etc.

Plus, I just didn't feel like spending hours getting warm and fuzzy when I had so much to do. Using the old Photoshop 7 to set up large prints on the notebook is a stop-gap measure.

LL49Wat

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas   Richmond, US  Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004 Mon 02-Dec-13 03:21 AM
27009 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Windows 8.1 and Photoshop 7"
In response to Reply # 0

> my Mac quit talking to my Epson printers.

Seems like it would be easier to fix this than learn new software.

Which MacOS are you using?
Which printers won't talk any more?
I presume they're connected via USB?

Have you looked at the USB chain in Apple->About this Mac->System Profile and then in the USB devices?

When you say "quit talking" please say more about that.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Adobe Post-Processing (Public) topic #13009 Previous topic | Next topic